Sold: Cloisonné C-Pillar Roundels

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You can hog out the holes on the base, but the holes on the base line up to the wholes on the body.

Haven't checked as my car is at my other house, but the holes for the base to mount to the body are those countersunk holes, right? I'm hoping THOSE line up! I was just planning on hogging out the holes for the emblem pegs.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven't checked as my car is at my other house, but the holes for the base to mount to the body are those countersunk holes, right? I'm hoping THOSE line up! I was just planning on hogging out the holes for the emblem pegs.

This is why I shouldn’t work from home. This stuff is so much more interesting to me. :D

Looks like you have some wiggle room if you don’t use any plastic inserts.

CC6F629E-1593-4879-9F07-3C88D80B1D8D.jpeg
0080B1B6-B108-46CA-A876-B193EC816BD8.jpeg
8C9A00D6-A1E3-4D00-9172-6CD5E47D382D.jpeg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score

It's just that, the emblem pegs doesn't attach to the base at all, the emblem itself is hold in place by the plastic plugs in the C-pillar. This means that the pegs need to be straight and with correct spacing.
I tried to bend the pegs on one of my emblems, but the emblem cracks immediately.
And later, when you go so far that you simply cut off the irritating pegs, you realize that the emblem wont sit all the way down in the base as the diameter of the emblem is too big, and just rests on the edges of the big countersink hole in the base. (I can't of course be sure yours is like that, but..)

Just so irritating.:(

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Adding a few pictures in support of a side conversation. The newer posts are closer to 5mm versus the old 4mm. The wide posts still fit in the plastic inserts. The old and newer roundel (raised) fit in the old bases completely.

C3784C06-4062-449B-A305-EC4248405EE0.jpeg
015FEFF5-4FDE-4392-95AA-48E82C9CA5FE.jpeg
9D880D80-A535-4C71-9EF8-13BCEC1D2C44.jpeg
A85540D9-B7D2-43D7-8239-DFE833009EC0.jpeg
4259AE83-33F0-466B-8334-2233E170072A.jpeg

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I
that wasn't my question. my question is - does the new roundel fit in the old base - like the original does.
i get that they don't have the raised letter ones ... good for me as i like the old ones.
that wasn't my question. my question is - does the new roundel fit in the old base - like the original does.
i get that they don't have the raised letter ones ... good for me as i like the old ones.
am sorry for late reply! As they are, the pins are both bent inward and are closer to each other than original. I contribute it to bad manufacturing . I am afraid to bend them in now until I am ready to put them on. However I can fit them in the circle base. I think they should fit on the car with a little adjustment. It appears the original ones were made better! But the enamel looks fine on the new ones. I might take Markos suggestion and take a fine and paper and polish my old ones.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
844971B2-A561-427C-989C-8FB0A77CBEC3.jpeg
I

am sorry for late reply! As they are, the pins are both bent inward and are closer to each other than original. I contribute it to bad manufacturing . I am afraid to bend them in now until I am ready to put them on. However I can fit them in the circle base. I think they should fit on the car with a little adjustment. It appears the original ones were made better! But the enamel looks fine on the new ones. I might take Markos suggestion and take a fine and paper and polish my old ones.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It's just that, the emblem pegs doesn't attach to the base at all, the emblem itself is hold in place by the plastic plugs in the C-pillar. This means that the pegs need to be straight and with correct spacing.
I tried to bend the pegs on one of my emblems, but the emblem cracks immediately.
And later, when you go so far that you simply cut off the irritating pegs, you realize that the emblem wont sit all the way down in the base as the diameter of the emblem is too big, and just rests on the edges of the big countersink hole in the base. (I can't of course be sure yours is like that, but..)

Just so irritating.:(
The old ones I compared just now sit in perfectly . The new ones are rather tight but once I wiggled it and pressed it in it got better and it should do fine. But I am worried if they don’t go through the hole on the car I might have to cut the pegs and just glue them in place .

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
c-pillar-holes.jpg Curious if anyone has successfully found a suitable subsitute for the plastic inserts?

51-14-1-803-459-BOE.jpg

They're almost $7.00 EACH! Was thinking of using a drywall anchor perhaps?

Last edited:

//My5UV

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did anyone figure out if there's just a bad batch of new emblems with the wrong spacing, or did they actually change the spacing at some point without changing the part number?
I ordered two from FCP euro. One was in a loose bag and fit perfectly and the other came in a more typical BMW parts box and the pins are absolutely too close together. I'd have to widen the holes in the bodywork to get it to fit. They've been really responsive, ordering a new one and doing a swap, but I am starting to suspect we're just out of luck. I'd refinish the old handpainted ones but a metal pin on each snapped off during removal.