Sold: Vent Windows - $100

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone need a set of complete chrome vent windows? Minor putting but they look quite nice from as close as 2’ away. Desireable green tint. Glass is in great shape.

DC79060C-4EBC-46ED-9314-079FAF9B45B9.png

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm after the wing/fender ones Markos, but would take the set. How much and will you send to the UK?

Ahh nice! That is what I have. I’ll ship them anywhere but they are quite large and heavy. Let me get a quote on shipping.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not my circus, but I almost feel like @mr bump is asking about plastic fender and hood grills, where as you are selling vent/fly windows? Or did I get this totally wrong? ;)

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got an issue with the gap on the top of my door window, and a snug fit of the vent window frame (which allows wind noise into the car)

I understand that the adjustement is via the bottom fixing on the rail of the vent window, which can move it in counter-clockwise or out, clockwise.

The whole assembly on my car was replaced some time ago, and this bottom fixing is a bolt that goes throught the door metal and into the rail. It's clearly not correct as it can only tighten the rail towards the door, rather than pushing it out, which is what i need to close the gap at the top

Markos - is there a chance you could photograph the fixing on the bottom of the rail (as i understand it, its a stud) so i can try to understand how this works, and therefore remedy ?

Many thanks

Wladek

Reaction score
The whole assembly on my car was replaced some time ago, and this bottom fixing is a bolt that goes throught the door metal and into the rail. It's clearly not correct as it can only tighten the rail towards the door, rather than pushing it out, which is what i need to close the gap at the top

Many thanks
On the bottom should be two-sided bolt, so the distance between rail & door frame could be adjusted. By the adjusting on the bottom you will adjust the top.
686x484.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The bottom stud can move fore and aft as well as up and down. The top stud moves fore and aft on an arc. Keep in mind that the front vent window is also the front window track. If you move the front you likely need to adjust the back track as well, and possibly the rear window thereafter.

Bottom Mount:
9C0CEE74-F39E-4F6F-91F8-36022026545A.jpeg

Top Mount:
088DD06E-EAF3-4D83-BE8B-EAE38B50E0BC.jpeg

Bottom Stud - The washers are welded to the stud. When you turn the upper stud, it will push the vent window outward. When you loosen the vent window will move inward.
9FDB05FF-392B-46D9-8556-551671493950.jpeg

EC2F136B-50A9-4D2A-A198-186B375733B4.jpeg

Top Stud:
D02DEE7A-BB6D-4CE3-B19C-ED988633613D.jpeg

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Markos - that's most helpful.

I can't imagine it's going to be easy to track one of these down. Might you be able to let me have some measurements if it is to hand ?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Markos - that's most helpful.

I can't imagine it's going to be easy to track one of these down. Might you be able to let me have some measurements if it is to hand ?

You need the stud? If you aren’t in a hurry I can make you one with a bolt and a washer after thanksgiving. I ran out of cutting disks cutting up my parts car. They are all 2” in diameter now. :)

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
You're too kind Markos

If you could let me know the length of the stud, and at what point the washer is placed, I should be able to knock one up myself

damienh

Reaction score
If you'd prefer to salvage what you need from a corroded pair of windows, I have a spare set in London Christopher. Cheers, Damien