Source for front brake rotors

Billw

Reaction score
I'm in need of a set of front rotors for a 1972 3.0s Euro model. Anyone know of a source?
Seems there is no stock on the aftermarket and the ones I did find were solid rotor which are really for a 2500 or 2800.

Bill

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not easy as you are learning. My source was Ireland Engineering and I just checked and they have none. W&N have them but they are not cheap.

Billw

Reaction score
Bob, don't know W&N can you supply link or further details, so I look them up.

I checked Summit racing and the ones they have are solid core so not correct for a 3.0s.

Billw

Reaction score
I will need to consider that if I cannot source rotors. Is the conversion a straight bolt on of calipers, rotors and pads?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Calipers?

I called NAPA- out of stock.

Turner, FCP, BMW partsDeal, ECS, BMW, Oem, all out of stock.

There's a set in Romania for 600 bucks. Or Walloth €504.16
Add the clip set, pads and rotors and you are over 700.00

Do you have a set of e12 or early e24 calipers available?

Thank you very much,

Sfdon

Billw

Reaction score
I'd hate to have to swap out the calipers as they were recently replaced just before I purchased the car. There is a shop in Bucks County Pa that think they have a source for rotors and ordered me a set. If they work out great if not I'll start down the road for the E12 brake update.

Thanks

Bill

BavHyena

Reaction score
They look correct. I would need the specs to know for sure. Are they yours?

Bill
They are not mine. I just noticed them on the Facebook page. According to RealOem, they should fit, but I would get measurements from the seller to be sure. I realized they were in California and you're in New Jersey, so shipping might not make it worth it. I had the same issue finding rotors and ended up just ordering from Wallothnesch.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know RealOEM is not the final authority, but the only E3s they show that take the vented front rotor (34111152090...same as E9 and E12) are the 3.3L and Li. All other E3s take the non vented 34111152089.

Even if this is what you currently have, they are also hard to find.