Stainless Steel Exhaust

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Rek, it originally started out to be a track day car but as the money flowed into it and things took shape I decided there was no way I was risking it on a track. so I ended up with a track day car that's at home on the roads. Mark

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I still don't know how to load up a film file - apart from vinyl that is.

If you want to upload a video, or audio file you can upload them to youtube or vimeo and then past the link here. I tried various formats in the test forum, and nothing worked so I think we are limited to images here on the site.

Ian

Rek

Reaction score
I didn't make this but it was muffled by some product that set as it got hotter. I don't have the name of it but will try to find out if this is important to anyone. One thing I have done is wrap the whole exhaust the lose the resonance and I still thinks it's too loud. From inside it sounds like a 911 when the loud pedal is pushed to the floor

dj_efk

Reaction score
Funny - It doesn't sound that loud in the video, although I guess the engine is not being revved that much.

Anyway - Have you thought of ceramic coating the manifold and downpipes? I understand this reduces noise as well as heat - Looks sexy too!

I think for a big change you need to add a silencer however.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would be in for a group buy as well. Considering the mega difference in price from other SS systems, I cannot imagine this system approaching the price of others even with shipping etc.

Rek

Reaction score
The price I paid was "mates rates" and my mate has subsequently sold the company. The name is Cybox Exhausts in Bromborough in the UK. If there is sufficient demand I will approach them for a deal.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Has any body considered the differences between RHD & LHD? As I understand it RHD models are formed up differently in order to give clearance for the steering box.
This may impact a LHD application.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if somebody wants an affordable stainless RHD exhaust ... check out Fritz's Bits - UK based so RHD is taken into consideration

the rest of the exhaust is here

dj_efk

Reaction score
I've heard stories of FB's exhausts not always fitting - You need them to fit it so they have to sort it out.

Also I've spoken to the guy once - I got the impression that he is not a man blessed with great people skills - although this is an impression formed on the basis of just one phone call so may be unfair.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe heresy but I have Stahl headers and rather like the sound going through a stock mild-steel system. Final muffler (silencer) is a Bosal.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i kind of need to decide what kind of exhaust i am going to put on my car. i like the sound of mild steel as well. i figure that most of the choices out there don't breath much more freely than stock - except coupeking's (its just extremely expensive). fritz's bits finishes with a 55mm od tip. stock is a 60mm od tip. no idea what the larini from W+N has. there is more to it than the finishing pipe ... what kind of baffling is in the cans

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the full stainless from W&N, it is super easy to install, fits perfectly to the stock manifolds from the Euro 635. (I mention this because I think there is a difference between older US engine manifolds as it pertains to the angle of the opening but I'm not sure). Anyhow, the sound is a little louder even though there is a silencer and muffler. It's louder at all speeds but definitely not annoying (IMO). I like the chrome tailpipe w/o the end piece but my car is not really stock in any sense of the word. The cost is around 1K and sometimes W&N has a 49.00 shipping special- which I was able to get in on. Just my 2 cents.

I have my car on the lift today working on headlight adjustments so if there is a need for pictures please let me know.