Sun Visor clip unobtainium

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh no. Just the little plastic pieces. That must be a spur for some budding 3D printers. I would pay £50 for a good pair. Anyone else?
I think it depends on whether the metal pieces are included in the price (like the coupeking ones). But yes, something with two digits seems reasonable and I would suspect many would make such a purchase (I know I would). :)

Rek

Reaction score
I have the small metal pieces. It seems there might be a market out there for anyone wanting to be adventurous. I would try myself if I wasn't such a technical knucklehead.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I feel like I called LaJolla Independent about 10 minutes ago (it was actually 2 or 3 days ago). And these clips arrived today. :)
20190516_123804.jpg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ouch. New visors included? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No. I ordered the whole shebang for my birthday from coupeking. 575 for restored visors with new pivots. Pivots 375, visors 200.
Visors are repainted old ones and look very nice. Very happy. Just expensive.

ajf

Reaction score
No. I ordered the whole shebang for my birthday from coupeking. 575 for restored visors with new pivots. Pivots 375, visors 200.
Visors are repainted old ones and look very nice. Very happy. Just expensive.
Good god... Still waiting for someone to 3D print them for a legit price... When you do, I'll buy one for each side, and I imagine there's a booming business on here if you're interested.

Reactions: Rek

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
On the clips.
I ordered a set from La Jolla.
Mine popped out as they were only being held in by the clips.
Is there an additional screw that holds in the clip? Looks like there should be one. Knowing me I see the hole in the clip and will try ro put a sheet metal screw up there then punch a hole in my roof.;)

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you look at the parts explosion drawing, you'll see that there is a "body nut" (#4) clip-in screw mount, so no, you won't accidentally go through the roof (if you use a short screw ;)).
upload_2019-5-26_18-32-13.png

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw that. In this picture the clip looks like the one you have. The one I have looks like the ones ordered from la jolla. Just making sure a screw belongs in the location inside the clip itself. Seems logical. Thanks for the feedback

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The mounting screw goes through both the plastic and metal clip pieces. You can see on what's left of my original assembly!
IMG_1250.jpg IMG_1303.jpg

chriss1006

Reaction score
Hi together, I am new to the Forum as I was searching for a 3D STL file for the E9 sun visor clips. Now I wanted to ask if someone here could give me the file, as I wanted to print some parts for the E9 a friend of mine has.

Best regards
Christian

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
Hello
These clips are sold at ebay

Also the holder at the other side of the sunshade is sold by this seller

Ulrich