Survey to gage the value and popularity of Red vs. Blue interior in a Polaris Coupe

Do you think a Polaris CS with Red leather interior is more or less valuable than with Blue leather?

• Total voters

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Red is nice
I am doing Baikal exterior I need to choose between Black, Blue & Cognac.
Any suggestions?

Jahan -- you need to see the Cognac in my car. I haven't finished the back seats yet, but the color is fantastic.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
And back to the original topic, if you are fixing up the car with the intention of selling it, and it came as silver over blue, I would think retaining the original color combination would be more valuable than changing the color. That holds true even if you change to a nicer color.

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score
I LOVE blue and red interiors personally. But I hear a lot of people say they hate blue, and maybe a few dislike red. I voted red is more valuable. BUT if you want to please everyone you should either play it safe and go with black, or hope for some originality points by sticking with blue.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I recall seeing a Polaris/Red CS that was for sale about a year and a half ago. It was quite a striking combination. Go for the red.

Jahan

Reaction score
Jahan -- you need to see the Cognac in my car. I haven't finished the back seats yet, but the color is fantastic.
Love to see it. Who is doing it for you? Is it leather? How about the door panels?
Thanks

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Jahan -- As with almost everything on my car, a maddeningly slow and only moderately competent mechanic is doing the work -- me.

Here is a picture of my car as it stands now. I am working on the rear seats, but am not entirely happy with my work and may seek out someone to install the leather that matches my front seats into my other set of rear buckets. I obtained the dye from Colorplus. (Joanne is great.) In the picture, I have dyed two different leathers (the front seats and rear armrests) and two different vinyls (rear panel and front armrests). I am very happy with the color consistency on differing materials. I did not finish the front door panels in keeping with the two tone look I will need to have until I get the rear seats done (the front door panels are actually BMW tan, which is darker than the custom color the prior owner used on the seats). I intend to finish the front door panel once I get the rear seats done and installed.

I hope to be at Cars N Coffee tomorrow morning. If you can make it, stop in.

PVGP Interior 2.jpg

Dohn

Reaction score
That's one beautiful interior, even in two-tone! Is that center console the one that was discussed here a month or two ago? Does it have storage inside, or is it strictly an armrest?

Jahan

Reaction score
I am going out of town for two weeks as of tomorrow. I like to look at your car when I come back.
Thanks

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't think the choosing between a red or blue interior will make any noticeable difference in your sale proceeds. They both look great. Spend the extra time an money in the getting the details right.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thank all of you for your well thought out answers. I hadn't even considered a few of them, which is probably why I asked in the first place. :) Even though I seem to have a lot more red votes, I still hesitate to make the switch, not just because of the amount of work involved and taking away the car's "originality" factor. But, the main thing that keeps me looking at red as an option is the emotional factor that red seems to invoke. Also, my concern was that red might turn off more buyers which generally doesn't seem to be the case, more to the contrary...

Can anybody post examples of red that you find more pleasing than what I posted? I'm pretty sure that the bright red arm rests were the only true red offered by BMW, except maybe for some burgundy color too? Has anyone seen original Burgundy arm rests?

Thanks, Tom

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I venture to say that most of the red voters here are not your prospective buyers. The poster boy of red interiors is Stan, but he already owns a beautiful coupe!
As I opined before, red is an aggressive color. I want to be aggressive outward and gentle inward, therefore red paint with black or cognac or blue interior.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've owned two coupes with blue interiors: one Fjord/blue, one Chamonix/blue. I loved both those color combos; however, my current Grey (not the factory Polaris unfortunately)/Red gets me going more than the blues ever did.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_5529.jpg
I would go very slightly darker red (less orange) approaching but not all the way to a wine red. Here's an example of a darker red. It was an overcast winter day so the colors are darker than in person.

The bright red like will make it look like a German hooker's car. Might narrow the potential buyers pool.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Silver with red/cardinal leather interior all day long. It is the perfect color combo imho. To me, there is a certain "coldness" with navy blue interiors, whereas red interiors are more "warm" and inviting.

I've a set of NOS red door handles and the next step is to reupholster the interior to new red/cardinal leather and dye the door/side panels to match.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you go red, use the black / gray carpet (like Stan), but i would also use a slightly darker red. agree with bfeng about orange reds and darker reds - almost ... but not burgundy

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's one beautiful interior, even in two-tone! Is that center console the one that was discussed here a month or two ago? Does it have storage inside, or is it strictly an armrest?

Thank you.

That is the Eric Anton armrest. It has storage inside, and the version I purchased has the optional cigarette lighter. Aesthetically, it matches the black ashtray inserts (which I kept), the center console and the seat belts, which are visually very prominent in my car. Physically it fits the interior nicely, but the construction is somewhat weak. If you look closely, you will notice that I've actually pushed the top an inch forward by leaning on it while working in the back seat. It also wobbles a little bit. If you get one, you need to be careful with it.

scottd

Reaction score
I think you are on the right track with the originality. Red is popular right now, but may not be for long. Tastes change. Even red cars are popular right now, but weren't about 3-4 years ago. Currently, there is a coupe listed on the forum for $105k, with a beautiful red interior, and the first response was... "Beautiful combo, is it original?"

Also, this group may or may not be your target market, so our opinions may not matter all that much. We typically like what we have. I have a fjord coupe with blue interior. Go figure. :) BUT I also love my other car, which is red.

Scott