Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does it cost

i agree works great. You can take photos on your phone at car shows and in the garage and upload to the forum instantly. Hope it is enabled again.

I’m not talking about tapatalk. I tried it once for five minutes years ago and thought it was garbage. The site works great on mobile devices without tapatalkS

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
bb1e1afeedbf2e905f7cac02b5472762.jpg
7be3b8553cd0579bef78767c78456938.jpg

Sometimes the app loads pics faster, sometimes safari. I go back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sometimes the app loads pics faster, sometimes safari. I go back and forth.
To me that was the big problem. You can't go back and forth. At least I couldn't. Whenever I went to the board on tapatalk, the next time I went to it on safari (because I wanted to load a photo), I had to re-log in. A total pain.

This being said, if it works for you, then that is great!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to be a problem any more. Either is fine. The TT app is easier to manipulate on phone to me, especially in draft box, and scrolls faster, but it doesn’t give you access to full cite and member info. 6 vs 1/2 dozen.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have tried it and decided that is not worth it. I never really understood the user interface and much prefer using it on Chrome through my iPhone.

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I’m hoping that when I post a pic that it will be there in the future when I post with tapatalk.
Nothing fries me more than when I go to a old post and the pic’s are no longer visible... we’ll also a thread that just stops without finishing and providing an answer.

Ps I’m also guilty of not finishing post.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The latest version of Tapatalk has been updated that includes the requirements for GDPR (EU privacy policy). It said it was successful but I don't use it and haven't tested it. Let me know if you have any issues...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That was my other issue with it, each time it updated all my settings and preferences went to hell and had to redo.

The latest version of Tapatalk has been updated that includes the requirements for GDPR (EU privacy policy). It said it was successful but I don't use it and haven't tested it. Let me know if you have any issues...

Boobouna

Reaction score
FF89C7EC-9ECC-4F9A-BB9E-D94EEB380AA3.png
Hi, yes I have issues. It comes up with an error message, screenshot below

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread because I need to deal with Tapatalk. For those of you that are using Tapatalk you probably don't realize that everyone else that's NOT using the app has to see a popup add for it every time they go to the forum on a mobile device. I do and I'm tired of seeing it. There is a way to disable it in the code but it resets when there's an update and I've decided I'm not going to spend anymore time on it. The only way to get around popups on the app is to pay for their "premium" version. I'm sorry but this goes against everything I've done to get this forum mobile friendly and easy to use. The forum program is responsive and mobile friendly already and I'm not going to spend donated money to support a dying app.

I know there are a number of you using the app and change is hard to take sometimes, but you will need to get used to the mobile version of this forum.

Tapatalk will be removed by the end of this week, Aug 3, 1018.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree fully.

Tried it, didn't like it, always hated the popup ads.