The Vintage May 19-21 2017 in Asheville NC

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Picked up the 02 from the port this morning. Now I have a plan B for the vintage.
b48ec792c5262f8173278d3a7b55d44a.jpg

aafbf190a7993dadd742e2bc98d8d1ad.jpg

aec83bddeca43418a2f4a920722ca389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately it's raining and will be for the next two days. I need to find a hub for the Nardi.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately it's raining and will be for the next two days. I need to find a hub for the Nardi.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just an update on accommodation: I called the Clarion and indeed it is booked out. The Ashville Airport Fairfield Inn does have space and be mentioning that I am going to the BMW Vintage Car Show I was able to reserve a room. The room is 119/night sleeping 4 and includes breakfast. Hope to see some of you there!

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The 1602 is registered. If you need shop space or somewhere to ship your car, I have plenty of room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I registered this morning too and will be trailering the car there. I would love to drive it but the May weather has me concerned to drive it likely through rain between our home in Indiana and Asheville. If only we could guarantee no rain over that period!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's not the rain that bothers me on long trips (I seal up the front fenders beforehand) but the rock chips and debris on the roads but I get why you would trailer it. My last trip to Amelia Island resulted in a broken Marchal headlight and a few paint chips. Windshield star the year before that. At least the water drys out. It's still a fun challenge to prep the car and make the drive with all the mechanical uncertainties lingering up and back. Plus all the thumbs up as you pass people :cool:

I registered this morning too and will be trailering the car there. I would love to drive it but the May weather has me concerned to drive it likely through rain between our home in Indiana and Asheville. If only we could guarantee no rain over that period!

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Asheville has so many hotel and B&B options that one doesn't have to stay within earshot of the host hotel to be part of the action. Driving from one end of town to the other is less than 20 min, and you're bound to view great scenery and pass worthwhile dining options in the process. There is life beyond the Clarion (I should hope).

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After getting two shipping quotes I may find myself driving to Asheville! I am determined to make it this year. Anyone else coming from California?

TodB

Reaction score
90% sure I'm coming and driving up from Florida. Maybe I'm dense, but is there a non Facebook link that details the weekend's schedule and activities?