Tool kit

nick2000

Reaction score
5385DEED-1161-4B90-9141-88D2EBDE448C.jpeg
I’m looking to complete my tool kit. Can anyone recommend where I can buy the missing pieces? Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Members here have tools available as do I. That long tube wrench is from another car, the bent open end wrench is 17mm and for a 2002, toss the screwdriver. The hardest and most expensive tools will be the red screwdrivers.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can help with the spanners. I have to know which ones you have Looks like you have one closed end spanner and one open end. The one on the right that looks bent is for a 2002 roll- up. I have most of the tools you are missing except the screwdrivers and the water pump pliers.
Please take a photo out of the tools out of the tray so I know exactly what you are missing.
Thanks

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think Coupeking makes a repro feeler gauge. And perhaps Bert Poliakoff made the valve adjust tool. You have a light bulb in one of the 3 spark plug holders. I bought some German 6, 8, 10mm hex wrenches off eBay. Bulbs and fuses are easy. More here, just check back here to see if correct:

https://www.samstagsales.com/bmwtools.htm#toolkit

Last edited:

nick2000

Reaction score
I can help with the spanners. I have to know which ones you have Looks like you have one closed end spanner and one open end. The one on the right that looks bent is for a 2002 roll- up. I have most of the tools you are missing except the screwdrivers and the water pump pliers.
Please take a photo out of the tools out of the tray so I know exactly what you are missing.
Thanks

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Nick. I think I replied to you before. Please PM me a photo of the tools you have out of the tray. Much easier to define. I will than send you a photo of what I have that you are missing.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a valve adjust tool and new blue cloth as well. . I will have to look but may have a few wrenches in clean condition and small pliers. Do have an extra small red screwdriver but that will not come cheap. PM me and I will see what I can do to help you

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a comprehensive bmw parts list of everything in the tool kit. Looking to start assembling the tools for my new w&n tool box.(was completely missing) thanks.

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a broken tool box with some tools.. $250 plus shipping..

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpg
    IMG_3718.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3719.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3720.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 185

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I ignored the advice of folks here (out of sloth, not arrogance) and left my tools in the tray while driving and opening and closing trunk to do work. Small cracks became big cracks very quickly.

I have a broken tool box with some tools.. $250 plus shipping..

If your feeler gauge & magical red screwdriver are original, tools look worth more than the box.

Howard

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just received a blue tool cloth from Bert. Well packaged and shipped promptly. Nice item that looks great in my tool kit.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I must say, your tool tray is in excellent condition, the insert looks new, foam is clean.
I know I mentioned this before but tools are missing from our cars because back then, they were actually used. Now everyone just calls Triple A.