Trans-cont E9 road trip + carb altitude talk..

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would be up for sprinting up to Seattle if that were part of the destination and then driving down the Washington, Oregon and California coasts with everyone. Definitely takes some advance planning as summer gets quite busy and crowded, early June would be a great time.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We could do a dry run in 2014 and drive down to Brazil for the World Cup...
I already have tickets for the games, now getting there is a bit harder.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

I will send my son with you, he would love to go. Thanks,

Chris

Working on logistics, we start in the North East of Brazil.
There is a house I need to finish and sell before I can leave.
Is he good with stucco?

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Count me in, depending on timing. August/September tie-in to Monterey Historics/Legends of the Autobahn/Pebble Beach Concours would definitely work.

Wife is already on board.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of BMW
If we get 30 east coast and mid-west coupe it would be a dramatic addition to the west coast group! Mark your calendar from now!

Now, where will we stay out there????

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am interested in this, what do you think your route west would be? That way I could determine if I could head North to meet up with the caravan or get to Cali another way

to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of BMW
If we get 30 east coast and mid-west coupe it would be a dramatic addition to the west coast group! Mark your calendar from now!

Now, where will we stay out there????

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pit stop...

My warehouse, tools and lift are all available for pit stops in Minneapolis before the desolate dash across the Dakotas. Very tempted to join in from there, depending on timing.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am interested in this, what do you think your route west would be? That way I could determine if I could head North to meet up with the caravan or get to Cali another way

Looks like there can be several contingents. the New England group going west, the Mid Atlantic group who could connect in Pennsylvania somewhere, Midwestern…. Louisiana/Texas, drive straight north to connect. Pacific Northwest and the Los Angeles and south COULD do the reverse of the New England guys… transport your cars east and drive cross country with us! Then you are basically home when we transport our coupes back east.

This will take some planning. I need to look at a map with push pins to identify starting locations of those interested.

rb1971

Reaction score
Depending on timing, I'll ship my car to some point east and join from there. The better it works out, the farther east.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Lodging arrangements first???...

so before the plans for (1) the route and (2) the car-hauling either to or from either coast....

My concern/priority is accommodation in the Laguna/Monterey area...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Most places won't take reservations until Sep 2015, some later. Best bet is to rent a home, much cheaper when split three ways, in Monterey or Pacific Grove, many owners do this like OCCoupe. Use VRBO or one of those services, wouldn't hurt to inquire now.

For the drive I would think you want to stay as far north as possible. If you shipped coupes to LA it might be easier to arrange. We might be able to gather all of them in one place, we can work on that, we could also find accommodations. Then drive north up Hwy 1 with us on Wednesday, enjoy the Pebble Tour d'Elegance in Carmel Thursday, Legends Friday, Laguna Seca Saturday, Pebble Beach on Sunday ($275, ouch!). Head north Monday towards Santa Rosa on Hwy 101 for some Pliney the Elder and then continue up to Portland or Seattle before turning East.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
E9 Road Trip

This has the makings of an epic road trip to end all road trips. I mean its not the Pan Am Highway, but what a chance to exercise the Coupe in the manner for which it was intended!
I am up for the West Coast leg from Vancouver, BC down the left coast especially if we do tie in with celebrations at Monterey in 2015.
Someone must act on the T-Shirt opportunity, something with a Coupe profile on the front and a map of the tour on the back.
Seriously, I simply must get on that A/C project I have been procrastinating about. Need some guidance as my Coupe never came equipped.
Mike

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Year?

I'm seeing both 2015 and 2016 referenced on this thread. This is for 2016, correct?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
100th anniversary of BMW in 2016, with BMW featured marque at Laguna Seca and Oktoberfest returns to California.