Trunk, Wheel Well, Fender Liners

aguirola

Reaction score
Hello Candia, once we have made a few, and arrive at a 'functional price'
we can officially offer them for sale, then, we will establish a deposit / reservation system,
to guarantee delivery.

Thank you for your interest.
Regards,
Alberto

3moons

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:

3moons

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alberto,

It was great to talk cars and coffee with you the other day.

I’ll ship to you this week my original E3 trunk liners for making the new molds. I look forward to the results. It will be good to have a durable replacement for the fragile stock factory pieces.

Thanks again for undertaking this project.

- S

aguirola

Reaction score
Here is a sample of the 1st prototype. It came out great, it is as flexible as original, super sturdy.
Will make it in tinted gelcoat, as too thin to apply 2nd gelcoat.

Please note, the installed fender cover is made with mat, the second ( not installed) with cloth, much better and as thin as original
The mould was corrected and cannot see the additions to the original mould(s) anymore.
This is a top notch quality product. No ifs buts or maybes.

We also noticed that the rear taillight cover tends to distort around the taillights. Thoughts?

Regards, Alberto
IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 77

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is a sample of the 1st prototype. It came out great, it is as flexible as original, super sturdy.
Will make it in tinted gelcoat, as too thin to apply 2nd gelcoat.

Please note, the installed fender cover is made with mat, the second ( not installed) with cloth, much better and as thin as original
The mould was corrected and cannot see the additions to the original mould(s) anymore.
This is a top notch quality product. No ifs buts or maybes.

We also noticed that the rear taillight cover tends to distort around the taillights. Thoughts?

Regards, Alberto
View attachment 137157

View attachment 137158

View attachment 137159
what is the price it's good to know

aguirola

Reaction score
About the price, we still have to perfect a few issues and make the first 2 items.
At that point, we'll know time, materials etc.
Stay connected!

Regards, Alberto

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
About the price, we still have to perfect a few issues and make the first 2 items.
At that point, we'll know time, materials etc.
Stay connected!

Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto, I hope by the time my order is ready fender cover will be ready and you will bring along with bumpers and spoiler.

aguirola

Reaction score
Me too, difficult work.
I have been advised by Sean, that his liners are traveling to me.
Once we receive them, we'll have to restore them, as a tad forlorn, but we do the impossible.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
I have reached our production costs, and I am pleased to offer the liners for the E9 for $275 per set, including the 2 bananas.
There is a two week production and prototyping in the first run, so slightly higher costs than eexpected.
If we have many orders, prices might decrease some, as the proto costs have to be defrayed. We are calculating 10 sets.

Right now, we are working on the prototype moulds for the E3 liners, will post results later on.

Regards, Alberto

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very timely question. I need to have some rear suspension work done. I think it can get done without removing skins. But, even bumping them might cause them to crumble. They are nearly perfect (well, the right one), but they are so, so delicate.

tldr - I was thinking about this thread.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It will be a few months, at least.

Please remember, this is not where I derive my livelihood from,
thus at the risk of not being very formal, please be patient with my many obligations,
where I do derive my livelihood from...

Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto. Has there been any opportunity to work on the E3 version of these liners?

Regards,
Drew

aguirola

Reaction score
Hello Drew,

We have been so busy with the vents and the A/C panels that the liners have been put on the backburner.

Regards, Alberto