Reaction score

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
fantastic thread,

@Stevehose great explanations,

@PO are you working with the instruction manual in your hands ? it helps a lot

yes zeniths are crap, every mechanic will tell you,...so throw away those carbs !

...or maybe find a good mechanic, ...or DIY

have you heard of the UK guy story ?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
fantastic thread,

@Stevehose great explanations,

@PO are you working with the instruction manual in your hands ? it helps a lot

yes zeniths are crap, every mechanic will tell you,...so throw away those carbs !

...or maybe find a good mechanic, ...or DIY

have you heard of the UK guy story ?

check this...https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/2800cs-zeniths-solution-sought-in-the-uk.35715/

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
old thread but maybe helps,

americium

Reaction score
I agree, this is a great thread. It seems this is a very deep subject with much previous discussion, thanks dQ for the historical links.

I am referring to the auto books manual, which has some good information but not like what I am getting here.

Clearly there is a lot to learn before I really tear into these carbs. So far it has been triage to get the car to a drivable state. I think that was achieved today. Now I need to build a workbench because I don’t want to open these carbs on the fold out table of my harbor freight toolbox. In the meantime, I will study everything provided here and gather kits and parts.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, often when those old hoses go they do so at a junction point. As Steve notes, you should replace all the vacuum lines while you are waiting for the rebuild kit to arrive. If the hose clamp is rusted on, that is a sign that the rubber is probably shot as well.

americium

Reaction score
Yeah, often when those old hoses go they do so at a junction point. As Steve notes, you should replace all the vacuum lines while you are waiting for the rebuild kit to arrive. If the hose clamp is rusted on, that is a sign that the rubber is probably shot as well.

I agree, I plan to replace that old hose sooner than later. It is in bad shape and likely was leaking as you said.