Turkis CSi for sale at Oldenzaal

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. That’s really interesting. For my car the previous owner had the underside waxoiled...was just wondering what it might have been like originally...

@Simufly do you remember what NEW’s underside was like originally?
It looks like everything was “special” on the UK city pack coupes which was actually standard on a regular CS other than the black undercoat. Would like to hear what other euro CS coupes received.

Dirk

Reaction score
My Euro 2800 CS had thin black undercoating which over the years faded to become grey in color. Undercoating in Europe (read: rain, snow, sleet, salt) as a dealer option was the norm and as such, Oldenzaal Classics is continuing an acceptable practice. Since most owners nowadays don't drive their coupes as daily drivers nor in these nasty weather conditions, one could argue that when fully restoring a car, it is prettier to leave the black undercoating off and use clear wax undercoating instead.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the US at least the grey undercoat becomes black over time from oil and dirt. With Oldenzaal the wheel wells should still be body color I would think as that is factory.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
My Euro 2800 CS had thin black undercoating which over the years faded to become grey in color. Undercoating in Europe (read: rain, snow, sleet, salt) as a dealer option was the norm and as such, Oldenzaal Classics is continuing an acceptable practice. Since most owners nowadays don't drive their coupes as daily drivers nor in these nasty weather conditions, one could argue that when fully restoring a car, it is prettier to leave the black undercoating off and use clear wax undercoating instead.

I beleive in the case with Oldenzaal it might actually be a shortcomming of their restoration. Disguising poor preparation or even bigger issues with the black undercoating. With the money they are asking I would prefer they offer the undercoating as an option to the buyer once the car has been purchased. I would rather see the undercarriage the way the factory offered it.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Underside was khaki/green primer, factory grey undercoat with body color wheel wells and slight color overspray near rockers. Gas tank satin black, subframes very dark grey with hint of green, almost looks black.
In refreshing the subframes and all the associated components on my coupe (another thread here where I asked this forum for advice about) I’m trying stay as true to the factory specs as I can. Subframes were painted the grey green as you mentioned. Here’s a few shots from the shop doing the work
CD44E1DD-02C9-4D1A-A4ED-F63722672B10.jpeg
D0993F18-87F2-4124-9667-D644331DDD65.jpeg
FB6808FD-A6DE-45C8-B181-C1C9A745DDBD.jpeg
57FCFE07-EAAC-4804-A5E1-89485A1B7E55.jpeg

Last edited: