Tyre Size

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
Hi, looking for advice on tyre size. My 3.0 CSI has 14" rims on Pirelli tyres. I think they are 225/65. The size seems to be now unavailable. Looking for recommendations please. Not planning to change the 14" wheels,

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When i get my 14" alpinas i am going to put the new pirelli classic cinturatos on. They are a new repro from them and look very cool/period correct and get better ratings than the repop michelin xwx or Blockleys. They come in 205/70/14. For a less expensive option you could go michelin defender which are good tires available in the stock 195 or larger 205 sizes.

Last edited:

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
When i get my 14" alpinas i am going to put the new pirelli classic cinturatos on. They are a new repro from them and look very cool/period correct and get better ratings than the repop michelin xwx or Blockleys. They come in 205/70/14. For a less expensive option you could go michelin defender which are good tires available in the stock 195 or 205 sizes.
Thanks for your advice. Presume you are planning on the same size tyre front and rear?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there is also Vredestein Sprint Classic | Wide Tread - 245 each from Coker ... VR rated in both 195 / 70 - 14 ... the 205 / 70 - 14 is 325 each. Ian should be able to buy these tires in Europe (since he is in Ireland) ... and probably cheaper over there than in the US.

so Steve, who is selling the Pirelli? which model is it? the two from back in the day were the cn-36 and the cn-54. the 36 was the tire that was considered more or less equal to the xwx ... up until they came out with the P7.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
cool, i always liked the cn-36. so what size tire are you running on your 15" wheels currently? i wonder if anybody is carrying them in the states

Ian, you might also look at what Avon makes

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am on Michelin 215/60/15's. There is a US supplier for the Pirelli's but it's cheaper from the UK.

cool, i always liked the cn-36. so what size tire are you running on your 15" wheels currently? i wonder if anybody is carrying them in the states

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
they make the cn-36 in that size too. but holy crap - 276 pounds / 345 usd plus shipping across the pond. its 419 usd from lucas and 499 from somebody else. the 205/50 - 15 in P7 is much cheaper and its a better tire ... just too small in diameter

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have access to the BF Goodrich, they are a good tire and look pretty good with the lettering in. I put them on an e9 with 14 inch rims and was very pleased. I went 205's but you could go a little wider if you wanted to without much problem. Another thought might be to put the BFG's on stock rims for daily driving and use the Alpina rims and fancy tires for those "special occasions".

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
You going to keep both sizes Steve? I think I'd like some 14" Alpinas too, with that tire as well. 200 pounds shipped seems reasonable

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No the 15" oz alpinas will be sold to offset the cost and help launder the transaction from She Who Doesn't Understand My Issues.

You going to keep both sizes Steve? I think I'd like some 14" Alpinas too, with that tire as well. 200 pounds shipped seems reasonable

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
No the 15" oz alpinas will be sold to offset the cost and help launder the transaction from She Who Doesn't Understand My Issues.
Well, I hope they find a good home as they make a lot of real world sense for the E9. Hopefully you are not buying Vintage ski boots. Those are hard to hide and not welcome at home ...and pretty useless.