Upholstery repair required for 3.0CS

sdoyle

Reaction score
I need to re-cover the base of the drivers seat on '73 3.0CS, as shown in photo. Does anyone have material maybe from 5 series etc.
The colour is black. Remaining interior is very good.
I'm in Ireland. Thank you. Sean.

5ydsus.jpg

Last edited:

sdoyle

Reaction score
Thank you

I am waiting for a reply from Coupeking

Sean

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Cover for Driver seat

You may want to get enough material to cover both front seats--to have them still match--with so muuch time having passed since original covering was installed fade has set in--so if cover only one it will stick out like the proverbial fins on a Cadillac from the 1950's--there was another more colorful expression that I was tempted to use--but resisted that temptation--at least for now.
JMO

Last edited:

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
material,exact match.

Hi;
I recently purchased the same fabric in Marine blue for my 67 2000CS and was extremely satisfied. Cost was about $42.00 a meter,which is enough for a complete seat bottom and back.
The source was Walloth u.Nesch. email them for info
@ [email protected]
If you would like I will email you a piece of the fabric on blue to see if it is the same.
Have a great weekend.
Harry

sdoyle

Reaction score
Hi;
I recently purchased the same fabric in Marine blue for my 67 2000CS and was extremely satisfied. Cost was about $42.00 a meter,which is enough for a complete seat bottom and back.
The source was Walloth u.Nesch. email them for info
@ [email protected]
If you would like I will email you a piece of the fabric on blue to see if it is the same.
Have a great weekend.
Harry

Thank you, I have checked with them, unfortunately they have nothing.
Sean.

sdoyle

Reaction score
You may want to get enough material to cover both front seats--to have them still match--with so muuch time having passed since original covering was installed fade has set in--so if cover only one it will stick out like the proverbial fins on a Cadillac from the 1950's--there was another more colorful expression that I was tempted to use--but resisted that temptation--at least for now.
JMO

Thank you, your point is well made, however the remaning interior looks very origional, the car has been off the road for approx. 23 years, it was stored in a dry attic.
Sean

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Dry attic or not--

If you want to be sure of color match--urge that you get a sample of your replacement material and hold it next to the passenger seat for color comparison--then if the passenger and rear seats are "so original" and there is a slight color difference--any mis-match in color can be rectified by dying all to match the new.

Have worked with several cars that we did this in order to get absolute color matches front to rear--and the result was like new in appearance. If professionally done--dare suggest that anyone looking at your car could distinguish that you had done it to achieve the color match.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seat fabric in Black.

Hi:
I believe that Maximillian Imports has the fabric in Black only at about $45 per meter.Give them a try.
Koopman