USPS issues

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel like this is mostly a northeast problem. Sadly most international packages arrive in Jamaica NY.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
The overriders I bought arrived in Jamaica NY on 3/12 and have been "in transit" to the next facility since then.
If they get to Atlanta then they will probably sit for another week or so.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I sent in my passport for renewal. It 'arrived' at the POBox about two weeks after it should of... and it took the Dept of State another three weeks to say they had it. And yes, this was in Philly.... Who knows if it really made the POBox when my tracking showed it did - but at least it did get through.
On the flip side - I have received mail from SF (to Seattle area) in three days - standard first class hand addressed letters.

Yeah - seems to be very inconsistent... regionally. :(

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought that special Momo steering wheel from Wladek in Poland. He sent it UPS and it arrived in perfect condition here in Ft.lauderdale in a week.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
2 month success story! That was the last of it. I suppose I’ll have to start over! :D

70760EFF-964F-4F19-98CE-9C3129C78541.jpeg

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Packages from Latvia, Spain, Germany. Only the later took more than a week. Stuff from individuals arrived fastest.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I’m at 2 months for a DHL package from Germany. Hasn’t arrived in the US yet according to DHL and USPS.

I’m in NJ.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
March 23rd large envelope leaves Doylestown Pa. Destination: Solebury PA 14 miles away. As of April 3 no sign. Tracking says it went to Philadelphia, approximately 35 miles away. Disappeared into the great yaw of the USPS.

Yesterday I mailed a large envelope UPS to Nice, France. Delivery by Tuesday to our Notaire, a French para-legal. I will keep you posted. Bad pun intended.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
On another protest 2 guys sent packages to me;
1 Sent from California priority then the second sent priority from Illinois 4 days later.
The IL package arrived 2 days after being sent, the CA package arrived 2 days AFTER the IL package. Same size same priority

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
On a related note....
I appreciate that UPS allows me to follow the route my package takes in the truck (via their web page) as it is weaving around the neighborhood area with the driver making deliveries of other packages.... while seeming to take a very back and forth route going all around my place without actually going to my place. LOL

It is good to see the map - just mildly frustrating and amusing at the same time to see the tour the truck is taking. LOL

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
See my post above about shipping an envelop from Phila area to Nice France vis UPS. Handed it over last Sat, April 3rd. Promised delivery to Nice Tues the 6th. With the caveat it may be a day or two beyond Tues. Delivered yesterday, Wed April 7. I would call that on-time delivery.

Not cheap, $81.00, but well worth it.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The ball joint dust cover boots I ordered from Egypt arrived about 2-weeks early, exactly 2 weeks after ordering. Started out with a shipper called Aramex and went through the UK, but ultimately was handed to me by our UPS driver. And the shipping charge was $3.50 USD.