Verona 72 CS on BAT

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The e3 has that piece on the vertical inner fender as did the NK cars as well.
I see a piece under the AC vibration dampener (or whatever that is called) but nothing corresponding on the left side.

IMG_4920.JPG

It makes sense to have that there to help deaden the compressor pulses. I would guess that ACed E9s have that too.

I wonder why BMW felt it necessary to slather the E9 engine compartment with it and not the E3? Something about the Karmann body that set up more vibration noise?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see a piece under the AC vibration dampener (or whatever that is called) but nothing corresponding on the left side.

View attachment 123917

It makes sense to have that there to help deaden the compressor pulses. I would guess that ACed E9s have that too.

I wonder why BMW felt it necessary to slather the E9 engine compartment with it and not the E3? Something about the Karmann body that set up more vibration noise?
It will forever remain one of life’s great mysteries I am afraid. I don’t think it is A/C related as my NK has it too and A/C is incredibly rare in those.

Christoph

Reaction score
It will forever remain one of life’s great mysteries I am afraid. I don’t think it is A/C related as my NK has it too and A/C is incredibly rare in those.
Exactly. Mysterious. The mat should be there in every E3, a/c or not, always on one side only. It's a pity I don't have a RHD car at hand to look on which side it sits in those.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This one didn't get much "buzz" from the group here compared to past ones. The thread got off topic fairly quickly (I contributed to that...sorry). The same with the 2 E9s currently live on BaT. Not much interest here in listing the pros and cons and guessing the hammer price of the cars like with earlier BaT E9 auctions....

After 27 or so E9s listed on BaT this year (10 this month) is critiquing the cars just not that interesting any more? Is the market feeling some of that too? E9s have always been thought of as very rare. Seldom coming up for sale. Does this flurry of cars for sale change that thinking (at least in the short term)? With over 1/4 of the E9 listings going RNM I mentioned that we may see fewer E9s on BaT since BaT may start lowering their minimum acceptable reserve on these. It could also be that potential sellers start deciding that the high sale prices earlier in the year are not being sustained and they decide that continuing to enjoy the car is better than getting a less than home run price for it.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This one didn't get much "buzz" from the group here compared to past ones. The thread got off topic fairly quickly (I contributed to that...sorry). The same with the 2 E9s currently live on BaT. Not much interest here in listing the pros and cons and guessing the hammer price of the cars like with earlier BaT E9 auctions....

After 27 or so E9s listed on BaT this year (10 this month) is critiquing the cars just not that interesting any more? Is the market feeling some of that too? E9s have always been thought of as very rare. Seldom coming up for sale. Does this flurry of cars for sale change that thinking (at least in the short term)? With over 1/4 of the E9 listings going RNM I mentioned that we may see fewer E9s on BaT since BaT may start lowering their minimum acceptable reserve on these. It could also be that potential sellers start deciding that the high sale prices earlier in the year are not being sustained and they decide that continuing to enjoy the car is better than getting a less than home run price for it.
I wonder if the supply is outpacing the demand and yes - as owners decide not to sell their coupes the price will start to inch up again

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
THe ugly sound deadener is to blame.

;)

Also the red-painted rocker covers, blacked out trunk spare tire well, and...well...the color. I like Verona, but maybe not the big dollar E9 buyers.