Vintage at Saratoga: Update

duane_sword

Reaction score
Andrew, yes I would like to leave Boston early to be in time for the tour on Friday afternoon which leaves from the Saratoga museum; what time does the tour depart the museum?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 'Vintage' tour leaves the Museum at 1:30pm. Aim to be there at 1:00.
Saratoga Automobile Museum 110 Ave of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, New York, 12866

I usually take ME95 > NH101 > I-93> I-89 > NH202/9 > NH12 > VT103 > VT11 > VT7A > VT313 > NY372 > NY29 > to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 300 miles.

Highway: 95 > 495 > 290 > 90 > 787 > 87 > to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 316 miles.

There's the North Route: 95 > NH101 > NH3A > NH89 outside Concord NH > VT4 to Rutland VT> NY87>to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 316 miles

TodB

Reaction score
route to Saratoga

I would suggest option #3 from the south. There are portions of Route 4 in VT, OK most of it, which will be terrific.

BTW, my record from Concord to the Hanover/Lebanon exit on I89, ~59 miles, is 36 minutes though that was run southbound. :smile: Northbound, once you are beyond the Henniker split, you can haul. At that hour on a Friday morning, there will be little/no traffic and likely no police coverage. Love that road.

Have a great time, wish I could go!

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Coupes en masse this year!!

Last year was a blast. Not sure if I'm heading to Saratoga from Saugerties or NYC. If from Saugerties, it will be Friday morning...if from NYC, I may head up Thursday.

Cheers..

duane_sword

Reaction score
Fantastic Chuck! Look forward to seeing you and Agave! I couldnt get a room at the Roosevelt (other than $350 for their last room, the "suite"), so I am staying at a Courtyard Marriot in Saratoga Springs.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 'Vintage' tour leaves the Museum at 1:30pm. Aim to be there at 1:00.
Saratoga Automobile Museum 110 Ave of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, New York, 12866

I usually take ME95 > NH101 > I-93> I-89 > NH202/9 > NH12 > VT103 > VT11 > VT7A > VT313 > NY372 > NY29 > to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 300 miles.

Highway: 95 > 495 > 290 > 90 > 787 > 87 > to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 316 miles.

There's the North Route: 95 > NH101 > NH3A > NH89 outside Concord NH > VT4 to Rutland VT> NY87>to Museum. Takes 6 hours from my house, 316 miles

Taking any option brings you near my house. Who else would like to meet along the way?
I am up for option one or three.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be at the Hampton Inn Downtown.
Also, it looks like I won't be joining the caravan since I probably won't be able to leave until after 5.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey Stan,

I'll be at the Roosevelt as well. If not more coupes, I suspect we'll be in good company...
I'll be arriving either Thurs afternoon or early Friday morning...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm going to drive Thursday, that way I can spend some polite relaxation time with my friends on Lake George. Though I'd really like to caravan, that would make Friday a very long day. How about a Caravan on the way home too?

Right now I'm planning to head home Sunday after the brunch tour, this is 100% flexible.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That would work too!
I am sending an email to you, Peyton Place, and Duane on that topic.
If we do it on the way home it would be:
Adawil2002
Stan
Duane
Kwjibo
Peyton Place
and maybe Iconoclast for a while!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry guys...

at this point, it looks like I'll be leaving Sat. afternoon/evening. I'll let you know if my schedule changes, but it looks like I fly solo both ways - unless anybody else from the East needs to go late or leave early?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saratoga Roll Call

So far this is the list of Attending E9s from this thread.

adawil2002
Duane_Sword
Stan
Kwyjibo
Iconoclast6
vbigdog
oneills