Vintage plans?

dbower

Reaction score
This weekend is the annual Vintage outside Asheville NC:

https://www.atthevintage.com/event-schedule/

I count 10 E9's among the 650 cars registered. Rumor has it that Gary Beck will debut his amazing restomod 3.0. Early 5 series will be featured. And on Friday, the CCA Foundation in Greer, SC will offer a special preview of the new "Passion" exhibit:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/passion-50-years-of-bmw-cars-community-tickets-59169051225

If you want to park together on Saturday, you need to enter the event site pretty much together. Some cars will be departing from the host motel (Clarion) but others will be arriving from elsewhere. I suggest that you meet up across the road from the park entrance at 8:45am and get organized to drive in. Folks are asked not to enter the park before 9am.

I'll be in the 2002 targa this year but I look forward to seeing everyone!

Don

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wish I could make it but had to cancel this year. The weather looks promising (at least for now). Have fun!

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Im driving my 02 up Friday with my dad following in the F31 wagon to hopefully haul home some e9 parts. Ill be at the foundation Friday and head up to the Air B&B in Hot Springs in the afternoon.

Dohn

Reaction score
I'll have my e9. Volunteering at the Foundation Friday, and helping with set-up at The Vintage on Saturday, so I'll be there early. I'll try to get us a prime spot! Wouldn't mind some shade for a change...

coupelady

Reaction score
Sounds like a great plan. I too will be volunteering at the Foundation Friday to start off this great weekend get together.

Thanks Don for putting this idea out there. Will be a privilege to park next to your Targa.

coupelady
(Amy)

coupelady

Reaction score
PS

Don, Do you think we will be able to get close to that location to gather? I can imagine the "traffic jam" of all those who want to get in and get the shade. But I cannot say that from experience.

Just a thought.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
30th year anniversary of the 8 series introduction and no designated parking??? Well, they were treated royally at the Southeast Sharkfest in April. Looks like e9's will be scattered among the 2002's again. Random parking is the reason several I've talked with are no longer attending. Too bad.

Gary-

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ll be there in the Taiga 02 since it didn’t make it to last years event. I’ll see you on Friday at the foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbower

Reaction score
PS

Don, Do you think we will be able to get close to that location to gather? I can imagine the "traffic jam" of all those who want to get in and get the shade. But I cannot say that from experience.

Just a thought.

Amy:

Sounds like our best bet is for Dohn Roush to scope out a prime location and then tell the folks directing entrants to head to that area.

Dohn

Reaction score
Don, I'll do my best to get us a good spot. Looks like the shadiest areas are all 5-series and M cars, but I'll do what I can.

Steve, I've seen your car, and prepping is not a concern. Glad you will make it! See you there...

coupelady

Reaction score
I believe when you get off of 26 onto 25 there is a gas station on the right where we have met before to all drive in together. Would that work?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Real life 101 means no e9 or 02 this time, white Volvo wagon with some parts Fri at hotel, hopefully, and walking around saying howdy Sat, Everyone be safe. Look forward to meeting those folks that I have not yet met, and seeing old friends. Look forward to seeing the Targa, Don.

Shameless plug.., My 72 Baikal cs solid project car looking for a new home..one hour east of Asheville, at my house if anyone has interest...probably going to advertise soon. Pics if truly interested. 828.443. fourteen oh four. Dave V. in western NC

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Real life 101 means no e9 or 02 this time, white Volvo wagon with some parts Fri at hotel, hopefully, and walking around saying howdy Sat, Everyone be safe. Look forward to meeting those folks that I have not yet met, and seeing old friends. Look forward to seeing the Targa, Don.

Shameless plug.., My 72 Baikal cs solid project car looking for a new home..one hour east of Asheville, at my house if anyone has interest...probably going to advertise soon. Pics if truly interested. 828.443. fourteen oh four. Dave V. in western NC

Are you bringing parts to sell? If so what do you have? I need various things for my 71 project including a front bumper and mounts. Feel free to PM if that's easier.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Call if you'd like to talk about other parts, and I'll see what I have 828.443.1404..up till 11:45 or so, or here until 1:00pm tomorrow, and then headed to Asheville to the Clarion parking lot...Good timing on the front bumper; I have one that I had parked in storage. A good front with L&R rubber. Still digging for brackets. I'm not in the parts biz; just have some duplicates, spares, etc that I may not need in my lifetime. That said I have two options for the center piece; both have holes for driving lights on top horizontal plane, one is very good to excellent, the other is pretty much the same with a ding right in the center...Probably would need $550 for the no-ding assembly, $450 for the one with the ding. They are not perfect, but not rusty, dented, etc. Good chrome, but not Pebble Beach. Same with the rubber. A little 0000 steel wool and carnuba wax and you might be surprised. I do not have front bumper horns/rubber that I could put my hands on...we'll see tomorrow. So, what else? Give me a yell.
Regards,
Dave Vanderbloemen in Morganton, NC

Sorry, this was supposed to be a PM...tough getting older...

Last edited:

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Call if you'd like to talk about other parts, and I'll see what I have 828.443.1404..up till 11:45 or so, or here until 1:00pm tomorrow, and then headed to Asheville to the Clarion parking lot...Good timing on the front bumper; I have one that I had parked in storage. A good front with L&R rubber. Still digging for brackets. I'm not in the parts biz; just have some duplicates, spares, etc that I may not need in my lifetime. That said I have two options for the center piece; both have holes for driving lights on top horizontal plane, one is very good to excellent, the other is pretty much the same with a ding right in the center...Probably would need $550 for the no-ding assembly, $450 for the one with the ding. They are not perfect, but not rusty, dented, etc. Good chrome, but not Pebble Beach. Same with the rubber. A little 0000 steel wool and carnuba wax and you might be surprised. I do not have front bumper horns/rubber that I could put my hands on...we'll see tomorrow. So, what else? Give me a yell.
Regards,
Dave Vanderbloemen in Morganton, NC

I would definitely be interested in the nicer bumper set up. Could you send some pics to me? [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk