Wanted: 1972 3.0CS Euro to Restore

drewbaker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a European 1972 3.0CS to restore (happy for a CSi or CSL but doubt I'll find one).

I have a top notch panel guy, so I don't care about bad body work. Rust is a problem, but dents and paint work is easy for me to fix. I plan on doing a full re-trim of the seats and doors, so I'm not so worried about those either.

I do care about missing parts, so please let me know what's needed. It must have a good condition dash. The bumpers must be the 1972 slim style ones, not the 1973+ USA 'diving board' style ones. Extra points for having all handles, knobs, levers, badges etc.

I'd prefer it in automatic with a sunroof, but not mandatory.

I'm living in Los Angeles, but prepared to travel for a sweet ride!

John A. Shull

Reaction score
71 euro for sale

I may have a match for you 71 euro have al docs back to germany.Car has had recent suspension and brake work including lowering springs from Carl Nelson and new struts and rear brake calipers front calipers rebuilt.Also new front tie rods.I purchased car for project but just dont have the time.I have a rebuilt dogleg five speed and euro 635 block including a b35 head ready for rebuild with all new parts including a Shrick cam.I have all gasket sets and new bearings, rings etc.This is a tru euro no ac no sunroof Body is in good shape although doors are in need of some work.Inside fenderwells and rockers were replaced by po with corect bmw parts in the 80s.This is a cs but I have a early motronic set up with lambda pick up.Car is clean and would be a great start for your project.Car has origanal alpina front spoiler and front sway bar.Car also has orig break in sticker still on winshield and build sheet behind rear seat 97,500 orig miles.Car is located in southern Ore.

modmaki

Reaction score
73 3.0cs

hey drew,

did you get my email?

I have a very good unmolsted untouch 73 3.0cs(Euro Spec)...its on e bay..and to be honest iam not a BMW guy...this would be a great car to restore...entrior excelent and low miles(80600 Kilometers)...and road ready...I spent over $3000.00 getting there,,,thanks...MO