Wasn't familiar with the 5000gt

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder...it fell out of my memory bank. I remember my older brother saying that it looked like a 250 Ferrari and a e-Jag had a love child. I was nine, and wasn't exactly sure what that meant. Always great excitement to get the new Sports Car Graphic and Road & Track each month. Wonderful times, long past.
A local furniture mogul had an Intermeccanica Italia for a while that I was allowed to actually sit in..same idea but with a 289 Ford V-8, I think. Had the Dino 246 wheels (six slots) similar to our OEM alloys. Appreciate the trip down memory lane.

Last edited:

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder...it fell out of my memory bank. I remember my older brother saying that it looked like a 250 Ferrari and a e-Jag had a love child. I was nine, and wasn't exactly sure what that meant. Always great excitement to get the new Sports Car Graphic and Road & Track each month. Wonderful times, long past.
A local furniture mogul had an Intermeccanica Italia for a while that I was allowed to actually sit in..same idea but with a 289 Ford V-8, I think. Had the Dino 246 wheels (six slots) similar to our OEM alloys. Appreciate the trip down memory lane.
I remember receiving in the mail my copy of Road and Track with the Lamborghini Countach on the cover. Good times :)

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I love the little 3.5 liter aluminum V8 that is in the Apollo. I have the Rover version in my MGB and the Buick version "in inventory" waiting for the appropriate project...

The one in the video above has the stock aluminum case, air cooled automatic. You can almost (almost ;) ) pick up the whole package and carry it.

It was only an "American" engine for 2 years (1962-63). Then Rover bought the tooling and used it into the 21st century. It grew to 5 liters over time.

Does anybody have an engineless Apollo they need to sell? o_O