Weatherstrip questions

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This would be a great sticky post to do going through all the seals on a coupe are a little confusing A list of all the seals and where they fit which members could add to.

I am sure that there would be a lot of discussion on this

I could use some help on the door cover strip seal. I bought a used set of cover strips for my doors, and had then rechromed. I have not removed my existing cover strips, but in looking at this drawing, I am not clear on seals 5, 9, 11 and 12. Which of these usually need to be replaced, or alternatively, should I plan on replacing all of these?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=3436-USA-05-1972-E9-BMW-30CS&diagId=41_1218

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
9 is NLA and goes between chrome vent window and door, maybe 12” long. 12 is available and wipes the exterior of window glass, not easy to get it into the chrome door sill though. 11 is the felt brush, I thought the 2002 part number will work, originally U shaped. 5 is skinny U shaped rubber that fits under outer edge of the chrome door/window sill, it needs dabs of glue or the wind can dislodge it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes but looks a repro without the u-shaped bottom edge to attach to the window sill, top should look like the longer rubber window sill piece.