https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-bmw-2000cs-6/

1967_bmw_2000cs_1537563521dff9f98764daDSC03749-940x627.jpg

1967_bmw_2000cs_1537563500f98764daDSC03765-620x413.jpg

Tawk amongst yahselves....

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting what they did with the brake booster... I was wondering why they relocated the battery to the trunk.

1967_bmw_2000cs_1537563509e7dff9f98764daDSC03757.jpg

Curious about that throttle linkage, too.

I see something rusty behind the plastic fender covers in the trunk :(

Ed

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, Why would they move the booster, interference with the two barrel intake manifold? Also 2002 struts with dual line calipers merged back to original single line? Do all 2000CS say 2000C on the VIN plate? Still has long neck diff and half shafts. $40K in receipts which may not be recouped, it was for sale in Jan 2015 for $26K.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why would they move the booster, interference with the two barrel intake manifold? Also 2002 struts with dual line calipers merged back to original single line? Do all 2000CS say 2000C on the VIN plate?

I'm scratching my head about the brake booster, Chris. The CS uses a 2002Ti / Tii booster, so it should not have interfered with the single carb manifold. My guess is the original booster failed and the mechanics didn't know where to source a booster and cobbled together this mess. Single line going to a splitter to a 4 pot, 2002 caliper... again, scratching my head? These guys could have bought several nice used Tii boosters for the amount of work involved here... Returning it to stock would take some scrounging if the old parts were discarded.

As for the VIN plate... my car is across town at Barney's, so I can't check what mine says. I thought I had a picture on my phone, but don't... I'm pretty sure it says CS

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What are these worth? Love the front end on them.

We'll see where this one ends up... it is a lovely car, but not a purists' kinda car with all the mods.

Here's one in Germany that looks to be a good, original car, minus the wheels (original wheels included in sale).

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...bedach-orig-zustand-alpina/974367281-216-4930

$_72.JPG

ad translates:

Sell my beautiful BMW 2000cs. The car was owned by a BMW dealership for 20 years. The owner personally maintained and maintained the car and used it only in good weather. The BMW is original in a remarkably good condition. The sensitive body, which was manufactured by Karmann in Osnabrück, is stainless and unwelded. On the photos of the front mask you can see the good condition. The 2000cs has rear electric windows and the rare steel sunroof, which is essential in the summer months. The interior is well maintained and undamaged. It has recently installed a new water pump, the engine runs well and good and the intake noise of the double carburetor system is phenomenal. The original 15-inch Alpinafelgen look great on the 2000cs, the original rim set with new tires is also there. All attachments and the chrome are in very nice condition.

Overall, a beautiful original 2000cs with the rare sunroof.

(I'd disregard the "stainless" part of the body description... gotta be a Google error)

Nice looking car for 35,500 Euro...

Ed

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
maybe they could stick a length of tube on the VC breather too. That'll soil that nice engine bay quickly if left as an open stub.

If were cheap, I'd like to have one in exactly this color scheme and make it a Fechner tribute car.

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
“I see something rusty behind the plastic fender covers in the trunk”

That’s old dried trim adhesive, if you are referring to the brown around the base of the p-side inner wheel well.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s old dried trim adhesive,

Could be... obviously, we can't tell from internet pictures, but any Coupe-savvy buyer would want to examine all the rust-prone areas.

Other items to note:
Leather-capped dash pad
Leather-wrapped door pull/arm rests
Speaker cover on wood dash is a later e9 piece (early Coupe, the speaker slats were cut from the wood panel)

Not knocking it...all these interior bits seem to be finished to a high degree, it's just not stock. The car looks to be worth it's earlier asking price of $23K, from what I can see. I think someone might get a good deal on this car, if it really is low miles and not rusty.

Ed