Who wants accurately made engine decals?

Reaction score
Nice car! I believe your oil decal is different but other decals should be the same. Fuse and tire pressures may also be different -- 2800 owners may share wisdom.....

-Mo
Thanks Mo. I think most are the same except the main black decal which shows the car model. All the ones I have seen commercially have the 3.0cs or CSI on them not the 2800cs which is what I need. Cheers Richard

Reactions: m73

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mo,
Sounds interesting. I think I bought some stickers from W&N when I first got my car. I didn't know accurate from not then (and I still don't now). But I would be interested in an accurate set if you have them available.
Thanks for your efforts. Stephen

m73

Reaction score
Thanks Mo. I think most are the same except the main black decal which shows the car model. All the ones I have seen commercially have the 3.0cs or CSI on them not the 2800cs which is what I need. Cheers Richard

I think your are refering to the metal vin plate. I will do some checking and hopefully another owner with an original coupe can enlighten both of us :)

Best,

Mo

m73

Reaction score
Hi Mo,
Sounds interesting. I think I bought some stickers from W&N when I first got my car. I didn't know accurate from not then (and I still don't now). But I would be interested in an accurate set if you have them available.
Thanks for your efforts. Stephen

Thanks Stephen,

It has to do with the font type and margin spacing. Some reproduction decals also have the wrong font size and overall dimensions. Finally, the decal finish is glossy which is not how the original decals are suppose to look.

My goals are to rectify 90-95% of those problems and end up with a satin sheen finished decal that looks part.

I will still need a few owners to send me pictures and hopefully I can update the group as soon as possible.

-Mo

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have several pics of 2800CS stickers, the problem is, even two 1970 models can be different. I will post a few in a bit.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m thinking that with the complexity of permutations, you should assign part numbers to the stickers. Then build a parts list for each year, country, and model.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's also the usually missing Inspektion sticker:

DwC3ggaJfujSwYCS3zTjiS6cRBlAIO063YAeBDCO5e9avpqBDmaLnFiTtZ3ykU5B_NizG9XEuSQ3AGVYCC-fCLsznQO7IXT52d5bhFv1hNWMw8IfL_tWgwiKbQ_VSpemYMa9olYQ-hi98ryiUMFqU260CCXRJuP4UApO6eexVOBrt3tpyuXIgVuMSj5KFd2uoxUAyjvY3PyMmKIXEi4lT4c_rAjwQNCNh4v19EPhNYa6ubEjD95diy3mY0r3bgdO7YDteqakh0L1OaxzTbxEL5zM9vCEOgczEs8EQQj9kHP1SPETgxOv_uKJ-RwqjGGwxbWQpQwWLAHgUua0xZGV4ffRiXIVYTQzaL419oIJ97i6RAFUkhwbxKQg_qJmiF0dNeUnbRfJINdRcpIJ7393azGb6vf9mfwA5UbHruJMcTdtD_DeMFeWmpYMpYJg9Hm7SWMuCXsKMESEuI6Lrua3JrwqhtpVZ09XqFXiNYuM-Vt-MomdAFtRkWu-6NzbjjLGfcty53BAAX8BqpbkHkv49MzRcBUZ_j2SQ4SXeiyE5gJndBUFRabM5VBW9Uzc3Z_gNJpWKn4bXbMeJTk0dL7upGeiSXY3Lrh4qTuqNaHSfM-0P2boah60x84W80igw2PQseVfg_LFDAxjuva8glsMV4a4=w1036-h777-no

And it goes here, in the lighter square area by the hood hinge bracket below the battery sticker:

UVpSSswSWOyNl9gQvnrgIoTERUgNHLjzXR55Lf0m0wak_ZQ3iMjmEN-OkdbOOgjkj17sqJmbAX4Qlox-n0t6qZKiyswjJbjrMetLqn8sZD0FjEPN4h19WZZXcMqT_5ktDebA_Sg7tJk39qaaQRCVPBbWvgkxBMlI2Kwg7ssXGqpAe1AqViAMBRACRIX6I9F88tjsfbycu41CeVVAtRRR2Ewkm_gwvdvvxVG1YIXEgI4smyvTnJ94n7IsZcSd6prOEtWFOl0k9K7jnulfjUmsjjGn6UrgvoZgNK6awghnCh-HNhbJESHqILzV4lnxdFcxtw25gJ2zSaqroZuWNO7d9TRP39rapt_uAOgcx6Fe1zx07khXWkC9DkgOoE7Swn8e8TJvQbWmgfy-MAwMgGO5f6Va1vOfWWKgy__JwQvnahVf5Vs0V6bdoUKE-ufWFHXXauRD3mbUHfwikmGsJ0gezAchl27AEcb-HrjAMeAEAI3SncDuhIIYToy25VoUBVRIfkKzM9pJk4OFc0iIxAI4szkbILSRhf0ydsme2henoIx-R5y2LH2DNtpyG8WUDYwax0W4AxhqKT702ZOjXusvMNuH8YIHyDJ2NgvLuKYABKRsK2IhY6QsrMJH6llkSrTCnqKMqtEr5ATWBQcUuZp7tMed=w1036-h777-no

Last edited:

MDR

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am only asking because I may consider making a small batch if owners are really interested. The font type, size, spacing and actual decal size will all be identical to original.

Decals will also have a sheen finish and look glossy like reproductions. I would still need a few pictures from dedicated owners from the fuse decal and tire pressure decals and the kit may not include ATE stickers.

I will update pricing and minimum order if there is enough interest. Right now I am probable 4-6 weeks from reality but wanted to ask who would definitely be interested.

Thanks for letting me know,

Mo

PS. full kits will also include both types of paint decals accurately made if owners send me pictures and dimensions.
I would be interested in several sets if they are created for 1972.
Thank you.

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to be on the list for a set of stickers that are correct for my 74 USA model.
Thanks!
Steve

m73

Reaction score
Thanks for adding interest guys....I am working on the details now and should have updates whenever they are available. This may take a little time but the end result will be a correct set of decals for specific model & year coupe.

Please keep expressing interest and I will share progress when ready.

Mo

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mo,

I sent you some pictures via email of my 'partial' sticker on the fuse cover door. This door has a 'push button latch, do not know whether it is OE or even authentic for the '74 model I have (I replaced it with a rotating knob latch that has no sticker). One picture is attached here: A close up of font detail was sent via email

Hope that might be helpful in some way.

Gary

Attachments

• Sticker and radio 003.JPG
    Sticker and radio 003.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mo,

I sent you some pictures via email of my 'partial' sticker on the fuse cover door. This door has a 'push button latch, do not know whether it is OE or even authentic for the '74 model I have (I replaced it with a turn knob latch that has no sticker). One picture is attached here: A close up of font detail was sent via email

Gary
I had one of those stickers but it would not stick to the flocking

m73

Reaction score
Mo,

I sent you some pictures via email of my 'partial' sticker on the fuse cover door. This door has a 'push button latch, do not know whether it is OE or even authentic for the '74 model I have (I replaced it with a rotating knob latch that has no sticker). One picture is attached here: A close up of font detail was sent via email

Gary

Thanks Gary,

Your effort is appreciated. I will be working on some type of fuse decal soon although they take the most work to complete....

These pictures help accurately represent what I am looking for. If any other owner has a clear picture of an original decal I would be grateful.

Mo

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a RHD CSL which has lost all of its engine bay decals in a respray. I'd be in for good quality replacements, so long as the postage from the US is not prohibitivc, and US and UK market stickers are in fact the same?

will watch this thread