Why Name your Coupe?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
All the cars in my house hold have mainly female names , because ..
E9 car looks sexy with a Great body,
They get attention every where they go, from mainly male drivers ,

Can be expensive to maintain , when things go wrong ,
They start playing up, when they are not taken out for a drive,
They are happy when they are well maintained( money spent on them ) and taken out as often as possible
They only like the best fuel ie v-power

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would do normally refer to the as a she (as long as I remember cars were always referred to in the feminine).

But no name. “The e9” is the nearest I come to naming her

jmackro

Reaction score
For the record, I think he was robbed in Montreal. I would have been pissed as well. And I'm no big fan of Vettels...

Well, I consider myself a Tifosi, so by extension, am a fan of Vettel. And yes, he was robbed in Montreal. But that doesn't change the fact that he has become moody, high maintenance, costs money, and delivers extreme highs and lows.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena is the Goddess of Wisdumb, referred to her as Queen of the Damned for a few years. Thought I was wise, wound up being dumb & damned at the same time. 9 years later I look like a genius according to BaT.

We name all our cars in my family as they have distinct personalities & anthropomorphizing them makes them more relatable & endearing. Names & cars are detailed in my gigantic link laden signature. Some are male some are female one is a Unicorn & the other an M3.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine are "The Coupe" and "The white car" (formally "The Turd"). Just descriptive and nothing else.

So do female car owners name their cars after males?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
The context being he's a 4-time world champion in a team that is unable to go from strength to strength. I'm a hardcore Ferrari fan but I've felt completely frustrated by the team's inability to build on previous years strengths so I can only imagine his. This year is a shocking example. Having said all that, Vettel has made a large number of completely unforced errors that would make a rookie blush. If he was getting paid 100k a year you may excuse a few (just a few) of those errors but at 25M, absolutely not. I hope his restart with Aston goes better. If young Lawrence gets the better of him, he's washed up.

Well, I consider myself a Tifosi, so by extension, am a fan of Vettel. And yes, he was robbed in Montreal. But that doesn't change the fact that he has become moody, high maintenance, costs money, and delivers extreme highs and lows.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, modern gender identity culture has broadened the range of options here:

- Throw a gender reveal party when you get the car
- Call your coupe "they", even if you own only one

I have not made any decision because PC suggests my car should choose its own gender

No offense intended, just building a wall of sarcasm to protect my sanity.

So do female car owners name their cars after males?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Growing up I had friends whose hippy parents always named their cars. Names such as Fafner, Doody Owl, Grizel. I started gathering VW beetles and once I got more than one of the same year, I started naming them because saying Albert was easier than saying "the white 1967 beetle without the sunroof".

I don't name all my cars, but the ones I care about I do. When you invest a fair amount of time, energy, money and thought on something, it deserves a name.
Thus naming my 1970 BMW 2800cs, Hedwig, was easy. Beautiful, smart, desirable. (Hedy Lamarr's given name)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've never named any of my cars but I have a friend that names all of his. My favorite was for his X5 with a V8, he called it 'Gunter, the heavy drinker'.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I never used to name my cars but as a sailboat owner, they were named after women.
My coupe is named after my Mom mostly in honor of her. She is 100 and made it through Covid.
Hope my car will make it through all the rain on the Blue Ridge Parkway last weekend.
Mom's name is Grace and car is called Gracie.
This sexy lady sat in Gracie two weeks ago at a car show.
Sadie Von James..
Maybe it should be Sadie?

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 94

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Growing up I had friends whose hippy parents always named their cars. Names such as Fafner, Doody Owl, Grizel. I started gathering VW beetles and once I got more than one of the same year, I started naming them because saying Albert was easier than saying "the white 1967 beetle without the sunroof".

I don't name all my cars, but the ones I care about I do. When you invest a fair amount of time, energy, money and thought on something, it deserves a name.
Thus naming my 1970 BMW 2800cs, Hedwig, was easy. Beautiful, smart, desirable. (Hedy Lamarr's given name)
Hedy or Hedley;)

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score

Attachments

• hedley.gif
    hedley.gif
    586.1 KB · Views: 92

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've never named any of my cars but I have a friend that names all of his. My favorite was for his X5 with a V8, he called it 'Gunter, the heavy drinker'.

That reminds me of 'Richard the Deep Breather' — Zeke's truck in The Mad Scientists' Club, a series of books I read in my youth.