WTB a few small air intake parts

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
see picture.

looking for parts:
#21: cable clamp (never noticed it by the way on any car pics)
#19; temperature sensor. I know W&N have then available new for 230 Euro, but hoping someone has one lying around (possibly when ditching their Zeniths?)
# 15: I'd like 1 original M6*30 marked "FHS 8.8"; my car was driving around with 7 of the 8 needed.... (this is stupid, i know but while we're at it)
1637667005248.png

if you have something available, pls let me know.
regards,

Attachments

• 16376678193764509690387116964676.jpg
    16376678193764509690387116964676.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 90

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have contacted my Friend ... he might have the screw. One is enough?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
So you will get it from me for free. It will be shipped with other parts soon.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have the clamp. Still looking for the sender; I think I have that too, but it may be a few days before I can do more searching.

That sender is probably a standard VDO item. If you know the operating parameters, and thread, you can buy the VDO item. I've done this with several of the senders in my car.

Here is my guess as to how that sender functions. Its primary purpose is to allow a cold start mechanism to operate until the engine reaches a specific operating temperature. At first, it allows the cold start function by preventing current flow (through the body of the sender). Then, as the engine warms up, current begins to flow through the sender, and the current flow or signal restricts the operation of the cold start circuit. Above a certain temperature, current flows freely to ground through the sender and this shuts off the cold start mechanism. This later funciton works while driving, and when starting an engine that is already warmed up.

So, assuming I have this right (and I may not), then something like this sender, which costs around $40, may work:

If I read this correctly, this sender begins to allow current flow once it senses a temperature above 70 degrees C, and allows more current flow as it heats up. Above 120 degrees C, it offers no resistance and allows full flow to ground. This fits with my understanding of how the sender in the diagram should operate. Obviously, you would need to confirm the thread and switch points in the original part to determine if this part would work, but it might be worth looking into.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @Ohmess , would you still have that clamp, # 21 in the image in post 1?
I'd be interested in it.

Thanks also for your explanation on the sensor. I will have to investigate your suggestions, but your path of thought is a good one, I was just looking for the identical 'partnumber', but looking for an identical 'function' would offer likely more candidates. Thanks for the insight.
Erik

Last edited:

bmwski

Reaction score
see picture.

looking for parts:
#21: cable clamp (never noticed it by the way on any car pics)
#19; temperature sensor. I know W&N have then available new for 230 Euro, but hoping someone has one lying around (possibly when ditching their Zeniths?)
# 15: I'd like 1 original M6*30 marked "FHS 8.8"; my car was driving around with 7 of the 8 needed.... (this is stupid, i know but while we're at it)
View attachment 130921

if you have something available, pls let me know.
regards,
I have the sender. Ohmes and I are friends and live within a few miles. $40+shipping. Contact (c)Tom Baruch

Attachments

• 20220223_175017.jpg
    20220223_175017.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the sender. Ohmes and I are friends and live within a few miles. $40+shipping. Contact 5712682519.(c)Tom Baruch
where do you live I have 2 intake manifold I can send it to you if you are in US

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
@bmwski , thanks for your message. I'm Interested in your sender; does it still have an intact spade connector? It's a bit difficult to see in your image. On your part I also see a metal bracket (encircled in green in my screen pint (attached); I am interested in that bracket as well.
Could you team up with @Ohmess possibly and combined the shipment with his clamp #21 (should he still have it)?

I'm located in the Netherlands, so international shipping would be needed. Not sure what your contact info ("5712....")is; if it's a phone number then it is a bit impractical from the EU, so therefor this message.

all for the quest of originality !

Erik.

Attachments

• temp carb image.png
    temp carb image.png
    492.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

bmwski

Reaction score
@bmwski , thanks for your message. I'm Interested in your sender; does it still have an intact spade connector? It's a bit difficult to see in your image. On your part I also see a metal bracket (encircled in green in my screen pint (attached); I am interested in that bracket as well.
Could you team up with @Ohmess possibly and combined the shipment with his clamp #21 (should he still have it)?

I'm located in the Netherlands, so international shipping would be needed. Not sure what your contact info ("5712....")is; if it's a phone number then it is a bit impractical from the EU, so therefor this message.

all for the quest of originality !

Erik.
I can get with Ohmes and one package, and one payment these parts. The connector is still on the switch, I will include the bracket, I also have the bolt. Do you and Krzysztof send parts back and forth, I have the window circuit breakers he was looking for ?

Attachments

• 20220224_081913.jpg
    20220224_081913.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 61

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Erik - Tom just called. I may have your address from my earlier purchase of a pliers, but just in case, please start a conversation and send me your mailing address.

Krzystof - Is there anything else from your list that we should consider sending? And have you and Tom agreed on a price?