WTB Carbs, Headers, Seats, Accelerator Pedal

James

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Finally having more time to work on my project. I'm looking for a few parts:

Triple Webers (preferably 40s and with manifolds)

M30 headers (preferably 1.5" ID or less)

Old Recaros (anyone have any of the tan ones???) or decent tan front seats in general.

Accelerator Pedal (mine broke at the top, where it attaches to the linkage shortly after the mount fell through the floor pan on the freeway. BMW of San Rafael has been very difficult to deal with regarding ordering this part. I could probably fix mine, but figured I'd ask if anyone has a spare lying around.)

Thanks in advance!

James

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi James, are you interested in the Alpina airbox, manifolds, elbows etc for your 40's ? let me have your email and I will send my flyer

thanks

Mark

James

Reaction score
Hi James, are you interested in the Alpina airbox, manifolds, elbows etc for your 40's ? let me have your email and I will send my flyer

thanks

Mark
I've seen the flyer, and I must say they look beautiful. It's a little outside my budget, unfortunately, though. Thanks, though, Mark. I've considered trying to make my own manifolds, but we'll see.

James

shanon

Reaction score
Have you looked at Peirce Manifolds down the road in Gilroy for the Weber kit?

James

Reaction score
Have you looked at Peirce Manifolds down the road in Gilroy for the Weber kit?
Hmmm. Their website only shows adapters for 32/36 and 38/38 for m30s. Suppose I should give them a call next week and see if they have others not listed online.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They could probably make you up a set, you need 3 of the manifolds that the 2002 uses. I suggest intercouple linkage vs. crossbar rods, easier to synch.

James

Reaction score
They could probably make you up a set, you need 3 of the manifolds that the 2002 uses. I suggest intercouple linkage vs. crossbar rods, easier to synch.

I was wondering if those were the same shape/bolt/stud pattern.

I'm new to triple carb linkage nomenclature, but I'll look into the different options here. I'm sure the search function is my friend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For triple webers you'll also need to get the resized thermostat housing from Korman and a 2002 tii brake booster in order for the manifolds and carbs to fit.

James

Reaction score
For triple webers you'll also need to get the resized thermostat housing from Korman and a 2002 tii brake booster in order for the manifolds and carbs to fit.
What would you say would be a fair price for the brake booster? I've heard an Alfa booster can work as well?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Others may chime in on this cost, I don't know as I have a hard to find VGS manifold that allows clearance for these parts. A WTB on the 2002FAQ may help. ALso a search here.

What would you say would be a fair price for the brake booster? I've heard an Alfa booster can work as well?

Last edited:

James

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks. BMW of San Rafael called today to tell me the part arrived. They originally said $170, but would give it to me for $100. Last week after driving over there, the part they had was simply not the part I had requested, even though I gave a part number. Today I went and bought some 3/16 steel plate to fabricate a pedal. Something a little wider to facilitate heel/toe, and perhaps adjustable side-to-side.

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
I have a trip carb set up with proper cam. I also have a set of 320is recaro's. Both are located in OC and I can send a pic if you are interested. Recaro's are black with cloth inserts.
Happy to help if you are interested. I'm shipping a car to Sunnyvale in two weeks, parts may be able to go with it.

Mike Pelly
714-402-2609

James

Reaction score
I have a trip carb set up with proper cam. I also have a set of 320is recaro's. Both are located in OC and I can send a pic if you are interested. Recaro's are black with cloth inserts.
Happy to help if you are interested. I'm shipping a car to Sunnyvale in two weeks, parts may be able to go with it.

Mike Pelly
714-402-2609
Mike, I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks!

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Finally having more time to work on my project. I'm looking for a few parts:

Old Recaros (anyone have any of the tan ones???) or decent tan front seats in general.

James

Hi James, I am selling a set of Scheel Mann Sport 400's that I have in an E24. Below is a pic of those I have for sale in the 635csi and the second of how they look in an E9 that I found online.

Attachments

• E24 Seats -  l.jpg
    E24 Seats - l.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ScheelMann in E9 Interior.jpg
    ScheelMann in E9 Interior.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 91

James

Reaction score
Ah
Hi James, I am selling a set of Scheel Mann Sport 400's that I have in an E24. Below is a pic of those I have for sale in the 635csi and the second of how they look in an E9 that I found online.
Aha! Yes, I've seen these on eBay. I must say, I look at them almost every evening, contemplating them in my car.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah
Aha! Yes, I've seen these on eBay. I must say, I look at them almost every evening, contemplating them in my car.

Indeed those are the ones. At least with the picture of them in the E9 you can see how they would look. I think the style lets them tie in very nicely with the rears. If you do decide in favor of them, let me know here and we can do better than the Ebay price :)

James

Reaction score
Indeed those are the ones. At least with the picture of them in the E9 you can see how they would look. I think the style lets them tie in very nicely with the rears. If you do decide in favor of them, let me know here and we can do better than the Ebay price :)
Many thanks. I have really been searching for something in tan, but am realizing that tan sport seats are practically non existent unless I want to have black seats reupholstered. With the car (eventually) being painted black, I've liked the idea of doing tan seats, especially since my door cards, kick panels, etc are already tan, but black goes with everything right?

I might take you up on your offer. Thanks,

James

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah the tan sport seats may take a while to get in a style to suit the E9. If you redoing your whole interior, of course you just recover whatever you get with the color of your choice. These offer great support and if you need less you can obviously take some of the upper side bolster off like they did in the set pictured in the E9. Both sides offer height adjustment and driver has adjustable lumber support too. All functions work. I would reduce the thigh length at the front, but other than that they are a good compliment to the rest of the interior look. But take your time, no problem :)