WTB: Donor E9 in UK/Europe

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've previously seen the lurid blue coupe he's selling on Ebay.

Is it a RHD car ? - it cuts down his available market if so. Any clues to the vin / registration ?

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it up for sale at the moment? I did see it on carandclassic.co.uk, but that was some time ago, mid August.

From memory I think it was the white one he possibly got last summer, but he was always the type to talk the talk, so it could have been any car!
Picture1.png

I don't have much more info then that.
The rocker cover and floor matts have the company logo on them making it very recognisable.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a bootlid that's needs to be repaired but is repairable(was planning on welding this up once the car is done)

Also have front and rear bumpers, rear light units and housings, some spare rear side glass, a 3.07 diff from an early e24. Maybe a few other bits.

Let me know if you struggle sourcing a donor vehicle that suits your needs and I'll see what I can do.

DAVE

Reaction score
  • I have:

• Fuel system & tank- fuel tank from a Cs
  • Break system- I have rear brake bias valve
  • Heating system
  • Electrical system - complete guage cluseter- km speedo
  • Cooling system- header tank in brass
  • All glass & sun roof - sunroof + sunroof track
  • Two doors & boot lid-boot lid
  • All lights & lenses, front, back and internal -yes
  • All seats, centre console, dash board and front & back shelf- all seats and part of dash
  • Steering rack, prop shaft & diff-yes
  • Badges, chrome trim, bumpers, grill- all the chrome that you cannot buy today and headlight grills.
+ much more
>Fuel filler door
interior chrome/interior handles/lights etc

frogisland

Reaction score
I just came across this advert and sent it to @Someday …….still a real tedious job trying to buy a car overseas with possible language hurdles and logistic problems……not to forget the new Brexit rules and import taxes.

Also a number of private vehicle transporters……last time we sent an e9 shell to the UK, it was around 1000€
just an example….I recon UK would have similar private transporters on hand too.

Those cars/parts are sold and already on the way to the buyer.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Their are some members on here that have been ripped off by Classic automotive legends owner ,
And have very similar stories to your self , but these members are embarrassed to come forward for personal reasons…

This maybe be right or wrong … but we need to respect their decision !!!

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many thanks Wes, no hadn't seen it.
I've started a parts list, so I'll have a look at what's on offer.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've possibly found a CS donor. As mine is a CSI just wondering is there much use or is it hard to use a CS engine as a donor on a CSI car.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
My engine needs a fair few pieces

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_141341.jpg
    IMG_20211030_141341.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20211030_141404.jpg
    IMG_20211030_141404.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20211030_141359.jpg
    IMG_20211030_141359.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 95

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I don't have one, it maybe hard to fully create one until the restoration project is resumed and a clear picture can be made of what's needed. That's one of the reasons why I would prefer to find a donor car, something to work from and tap into as required.

As a rough list, I need;
  • Fuel system & tank
  • Break system
  • Heating system
  • Electrical system
  • Cooling system
  • All glass & sun roof
  • Two doors & boot lid
  • All lights & lenses, front, back and internal
  • All seats, centre console, dash board and front & back shelf
  • Steering rack, prop shaft & diff
  • Badges, chrome trim, bumpers, grill
It’s been a long time since I looked in my spares stash as it’s stored at the restoration workshop I use - but if you PM me I’ll send you a file with all the parts left over since selling my E9.

I do know I’ve got a set of as-new tail light assemblies, some AC parts in either refurbished or good used condition, plus a reproduction undertray - there are many more but they are the ones that stand out!