WTB Engine Loom CSi/CSL

AndyNZ

Reaction score
Hi all, am looking for an engine loom for a CSL, which should hopefully be the same as the CSI??

Being something of a newbie here hopefully the photo I'm attempting to attach will show up.

Kind regards

Attachments

• Loom.JPG
    Loom.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 136

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
what you're chasing is a D-Jet wiring harness /loom ....unfortunately I haven't got one ; is that yours in the photo and you just want to renew ?. Autospark in the UK can make one but you will need to supply a core so they can use the connectors/plugs . Best of luck.

AndyNZ

Reaction score
Thank you, the photo is from the Autosparks UK website which I need to supply the core / connectors etc (as you mention) for them to re-purpose, but I don't have one.

Thanks for the eBay Germany link also.

day66

Reaction score
If you just need the connectors, then I think you can cast the net wider and any loom for a D jet car would do - so that means certain Volvos, Mercs etc. - admittedly not a huge pool of potential donors but may improve chances. Another possibility may be a Jaguar - the early V12 fuel injected cars (pre HE) used a Lucas system heavily based on the Bosch D jet so you might find one of those - l think most, if not all, of the connectors would be compatible

AndyNZ

Reaction score
Ok thanks, being a newbie I didn't realise there was a difference between RHD and LHD. I'm looking for RHD 1973 please.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there are TWO different (early and late) harnesses for LHD
one solid harness and one harness that has a connection in the frame rail and different wiring at the coil area.
Never connect the wires at the starter area unless you know what you are doing- the wires go black to red and white, red to starter not black and white to computer and cold start relay.
You need to ask your Southern Hemisphere friends about LHD, RHD harness differences. We don't see any of the RHD cars here. Because, we know what side of the road that God meant us to drive on…..

Wladek

Reaction score
there are TWO different (early and late) harnesses for LHD
one solid harness and one harness that has a connection in the frame rail and different wiring at the coil area.
Never connect the wires at the starter area unless you know what you are doing- the wires go black to red and white, red to starter not black and white to computer and cold start relay.
You need to ask your Southern Hemisphere friends about LHD, RHD harness differences. We don't see any of the RHD cars here. Because, we know what side of the road that God meant us to drive on…..
I didn't know about that till the June 2021, but in that case i think there are at least three versions of left LHD D-Jet wiring - one guy from Poland that is restoring CSI asked me to help him with wiring. I took both of my: early solid & late with frame connector D-jet wiring looms (both of mine are electrically 100% the same, same length same cable numbers, same cables in same areas etc.). But this guy wiring loom was different - up to injector connector number 6 it was the same, but after was different - for example his has no thick red wire at all, if i remember correctly instead was two white wires & no signs of modifications. All connectors has "additional lock" on the pins (as on later one), but that was one piece/solid (as early) wiring loom.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So maybe many versions
I have early and late?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 133

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah - I’m a restoration shop, not a parts seller.
I have reached out for you to a guy that would sell a complete Csi set up.
maybe something can be worked out.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok - there is a harness at the Bentley/Lamborghini dealer in Oman. I will be working there the first week of January. I can get it then.
Or i can ask to have them to ship to UK or I can ship mine to UK and replace mine with the Omani one- decisions... they are both one piece versions.
it is up to you to verify a LHD harness fits a RHD.
There are 3 CSI/CSL‘s there— all LHD. All 3 of the Csi’s in my shop are LHD.
I have no knowledge about wiring differences between the two.
Why not contact Markos the admin here for a estimate of value? Lets make sure we are on same page. I think the Omani harness with shipping to UK is around 800.00 USA I will post a pic of the Omani harness tonight?
maybe you want the whole package? Did you make an offer on Kleinanzeigan?
risky but maybe good if he will ship to NZ.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The items in Muscat..

to be clear- airbox I am keeping. Late ICV too.
I will look for TB and TPS and MPS when I get there.
AC lines, brake lines are trash.

Attachments

• 2E8F3388-F2DE-4313-ACEC-2D2E56C19DA6.jpeg
    2E8F3388-F2DE-4313-ACEC-2D2E56C19DA6.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
translation- kleinanzeigen auction

Offer E9 CSL series 2 injection engine parts.

good pistons 89.25mm
CSi / L head with 272 degree camshaft
D Jet harness
D Jet pressure sensor
D jet distributor
2x D jet relays
Connecting rod, crankshaft etc.

Parts have been lying there for ages. Wiring harness therefore not brittle, for example.

shipping from Germany about 1,000.00 or more with crankshaft and head.

maybe try to buy harness alone?

or- buy the lot in Oman. Then you have all your spares.

AndyNZ

Reaction score
Thanks sfdon and apologies for the delay in replying, just back from a few days away. It would be good to have the engine harness shipped to the UK sooner rather than later. Do you have a price for you to sell your one including some sort of tracked priority shipping (i.e. not USPS) please?

As far as I can tell there shouldn't be any issue using LHD or RHD as the components that they need to repurpose are common to both.

A friend of mine in Germany has contacted that seller on eBay Germany a couple of times but no reply from the seller as yet.

Really appreciate your help.

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Andy,

Sorry to be pitching in here at this late stage but I have a complete D-jetronic loom for a RHD CSi if you are still interested. I haven't done so but I can carefully compare it with the loom fitted to myyRHD December 1971 build CSL Citypack VIN 2285295. The available loom was taken from a RHD CSi, since destroyed and VIN 2265059. Somewhere in this thread mention is made of a thicker, red, cable and my spare loom does feature this running alongside two white injector loom cables (one numbered 18) in the same piece of sheathing.These three cables -one thick red and two relatively thin white - terminate in the same female transparent connector. Does this help identify for you? As you can gather from the lateness of this post, I only check the forum from time to time so, if this is of any use to you, please contact me on [email protected]. Incidentally, I also have the relays , and most of the rest of the injection installation including the control box which I know works because I have tested it on one of my own cars (red spot).

Best regards,

John.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The black starter wire from ignition switch is inserted into that transparent connector/
One black, one red and two whites all connected together.