WTB hub for alpina 3 spoke wheel

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Yannick,
Never seen a csl with such a wheel from the factory. Was it a special order one could place?
Thanks
Keshav
Just about the most difficult wheel to find.
This pic is from an injected CSL factory brochure circa 1972.
CDDF0C6E-16D5-42B9-AA56-AC2CD471DEDA.jpeg

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bert, very cool. Thanks, although I’m guessing that the pictured car is a carb csl. I deduce that from the front and rear valance painted black and the lack of front bumper. That was typical for a carb csl. Only my guess.

What a spectacular wheel. To me it’s the wheel of all E9 wheels, particularly in a Csl.

If someone ever decides to part with his, I’m the one to contact! Alpina Momo 38cm, 3 spoke wheel.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bert, very cool. Thanks, although I’m guessing that the pictured car is a carb csl. I deduce that from the front and rear valance painted black and the lack of front bumper. That was typical for a carb csl. Only my guess.

What a spectacular wheel. To me it’s the wheel of all E9 wheels, particularly in a Csl.

If someone ever decides to part with his, I’m the one to contact! Alpina Momo 38cm, 3 spoke wheel.

If you look closely, the Alpina wheel is fitted on the Inka coupe, so it may very well be the Carb CSL as you stated. It’s also safe to assume the same wheel came with the injected CSL. On the back page of the brochure, the specs list both the carb and FI models. Carb CSLs ended production in 7/72 and the FI CSLs were first introduced in 9/72. So in late 72, both were available at the same time on the showroom floor, depending on your fancy. Likely, the 38cm leather Petri wheels were first fitted onto the 73 models.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
51DDA0F3-1105-46DF-9909-289195C0CEB1.png
I came across this pic from the Lezebre site, confirming exactly what Yannick and Bert‘s brochure were referring too.