WTB : passenger glove box spring

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need the spring that prevents the large passenger glove box door from falling down when opened.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
More later...

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Drew,
I saw this on ebay..It may be of use to you.

Cheers
Johnny, This part is used on the smaller driver's side compartment. Note the seller is Alvaro, (@alprada70) who is a forum member who makes several reproduction parts for BMW's.
Thanks, Drew

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I need the spring that prevents the large passenger glove box door from falling down when opened.
What spring are you talking about? I don't have one and I guess I never did. Always hold on to door when opening glove box. o_O

Waiting on answer gurus.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What spring are you talking about? I don't have one and I guess I never did. Always hold on to door when opening glove box. o_O

Waiting on answer gurus.

There is a spring that goes from the glove box hinge to the a-pillar. The steel is about 1mm in diameter, about 15mm in diameter. About 40 coils, one short hook, one long hook. About 40mm long. That's off the top of my head. I'll measure it tonight or tomorrow.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is a spring that goes from the glove box hinge to the a-pillar. The steel is about 1mm in diameter, about 15mm in diameter. About 40 coils, one short hook, one long hook. About 40mm long. That's off the top of my head. I'll measure it tonight or tomorrow.
I don't think I've ever seen one?
Even the car I got a lot of parts from didn't have one.
Photo please for the Senior.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like I already snapped pics in 2016. I have the same spring in my project car, just a bit more rusty. :)

McMaster Carr will sell in a pack of 10 or so. Whoever buys the right spring will have plenty of extras!

27318266044_aaec0ccfc9_c.jpg

Last edited:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like I already snapped pics in 2016. I have the same spring in my project car, just a bit more rusty. :)

McMaster Carr will sell in a pack of 10 or so. Whoever buys the right spring will have plenty of extras!

View attachment 108880

Thanks and especially for the link that shows where it goes. Never ever had one of those.
This why a rebuild is NEVER done.
Always finding something new.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha, I'm missing one of those too, and never knew it until now. One more for the (endless) list
:rolleyes:

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
This part no. looks to be a spring in a 2002's clutch release arm. Not suggesting that Markos has the wrong part, more that another source of springs might be rusty old 2002s? ;) [is nothing sacred?]

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This part no. looks to be a spring in a 2002's clutch release arm. Not suggesting that Markos has the wrong part, more that another source of springs might be rusty old 2002s? ;) [is nothing sacred?]

Well if you look at the part number and the description on that site I would say you are probably correct. :)

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The hole the top of the spring hooks in is just above and behind the black bar in the photo. The spring will shine up real nice, just saying Stan.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I haven't looked through the parts stash yet, but when I deconstructed the interior it wasn't in place, so I am in for one if we do a group buy.