WTB Sidler left turn signal lense European version full amber

Wladek

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
looking for the genuine BMW Sidler E9 left side turn signal lense (only amber plastic part), European version (as on photo below) - condition: very good, perfect or new; light surface scratches are acceptable, but no cracks.
If you have a spare part, that you can sell - please PM me with photo's & price.
Thank you!
1.jpg

Last edited:

mr bump

Reaction score
I've got a couple, il root them out tomorrow and let you know the condition.
Shame as I've got a brand new E3 Amber lenses.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hijack in progress... Did BMW put a seal between the plastic and metal base? Haven't found anything available..

Wladek

Reaction score
Hijack in progress... Did BMW put a seal between the plastic and metal base? Haven't found anything available..
Yes, always. Without that seal water/moisture will come inside faster than someone can expect. Also there is a great risk of damaging/cracking lense while bolts tightening without that seal. I don't know if you know, but also little o-ring type rubber washers are needed under both lense tightening bolts.
Early main seal was made from rubber, later from neoprene.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For the gasket between front turn signal and lens....

YEARS ago I needed one and found an "O-RING" that would work pretty good.
Bought them at GRAINGER and they have been in the car since.

Try AS568A-252 and see how it fits. -251 is shorter, -253 is a bit longer.

For the full meal deal on what I did - see a thread I started here a LONG time ago...
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/some-tips.5350/

Good luck

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Lip! That suggestion led me to McMaster where I found these flat orings that I'm going to try.
upload_2019-1-12_8-31-31.png

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cool - that may work as well. The thing I liked about the round O-rings is that you didn't have to keep it 'straight' in the groove. It could rotate around a bit and you'd never know it.
Either way - let us know how it works out. May have to upgrade my lights when I get the car back from SFDon's. :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
LJI has had them on their website, my guess is that they are repops ... but they do say Sidler. i just looked and they aren't there.