WTB: tools to complete e9 toolkit

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have the 12-13 and 17/19 open like new.
I also have a small red handle screwdriver. $100 fo

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's what I have.
tools.jpg

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't have a large pliers. I am running some errands and will check to make sure I have a real clean one When I get back I am guessing you mean the large open end?

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Quick update. Thanks to Koopman, m5bb and Bert Poliakoff for helping me fill gaps in my toolkit. I’m still looking for both original clear red handle screwdrivers, and the feeler gauge if anyone has extras. I’m aware that Coupe King sells a repop version of the feeler gauge but I’m hoping to find an original at a price less than the $100 they’re asking for them.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Original feeler gauges are practically unobtanium and red screwdrivers are fast approaching that point too. I search everyday and there have been no drivers in the past year.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, I’m surprised you’ve been looking for a year and haven’t found a single one. Maybe I should just get the green handle version.
They come up on German eBay quite often. Better yet, a complete e23, e25 or e12 come up with full tools and red handle drivers too. No filler or valve adjustment though.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Someone reached out to me to sell me a partial set he bought last year from Bert for what he paid (subtracting the towel and the $40 he paid for it). He’s asking $440 for both screwdrivers, both pliers, the 6 wrenches and the spark plug pieces. It looks like Burt sold two sets like this back to back for around that price. I can afford it but I only need the screwdrivers. Any thoughts on The value of the screwdrivers relative to the other tools?

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Someone reached out to me to sell me a partial set he bought last year from Bert for what he paid (subtracting the towel and the $40 he paid for it). He’s asking $440 for both screwdrivers, both pliers, the 6 wrenches and the spark plug pieces. It looks like Burt sold two sets like this back to back for around that price. I can afford it but I only need the screwdrivers. Any thoughts on The value of the screwdrivers relative to the other tools?
I have seen screwdrivers sell well over $200. As I said they do come up once in a while

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone see that MB 300SL toolkit that sold on BaT today? $17K!!! And I thought our tool kits were expensive.