• IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 139

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
if somebody is in need, for use in their car, not for resale ... i have some spares and i believe i have a mostly full set. not looking to sell, but happy to help somebody finish their car.
That’s really generous. With what I’ve committed to buy, I’m almost there, so I’ll let you pay it forward to others. This site is amazing.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I committed to buying the partially complete set to get the screwdrivers. Looking on the bright side, I can pick the best of each and I have a near complete (missing feeler gauge) set. Can’t complain, life’s good.
I'm missing the feeler gauge, too. That seems.to be a popular missing item.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow Mike, I faced the same pattern the other day when my wife asked if we had vinegar and I set out to find out.

I have a large collection of tools I've gathered from BMW's over the years. Any of these helpful to someone filling out a toolkit? I noticed some are marked W. Germany and some just Germany.

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 125

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a large collection of tools I've gathered from BMW's over the years. Any of these helpful to someone filling out a toolkit? I noticed some are marked W. Germany and some just Germany.

Just to assist: To my knowledge the open spanners with a extra ridge (forming the letter 'C' around the opening) on them belong to BMW models after the E3 E9.
To the adjustable jaw pliers on your right; For e9's they need to have a specific length to be correct I'll try to dig up the dimension. Not sure about E3's.
Tools that state 'Germany' are from after the Iron Curtain fell i think?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just to assist: To my knowledge the open spanners with a extra ridge (forming the letter 'C' around the opening) on them belong to BMW models after the E3 E9.
To the adjustable jaw pliers on your right; For e9's they need to have a specific length to be correct I'll try to dig up the dimension. Not sure about E3's.
Tools that state 'Germany' are from after the Iron Curtain fell i think?
You are correct, the water pump pliers are 7“ and later than the one correct 9” plier.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
The wrenches with the extra ridge started with the E23 to the best of my knowledge and the 7" water pump pliers as well. They are very common in E30s The right wrenches have made in West Germany on the shanks and the really righteous ones that I sell in my kits when I can put one together, have BMW forged into the shank on the opposite side

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
Here is record sale price on a refurbished toolkit with box.

Thanks, that’s a shocker! While I have everything, my box lid is broken at the point where the big fastener screws in.:(