WTB: Tundra, Agave.. any color as long as it's Green CS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If the VIN was in the old CS Registry news letters than I already entered it in our new Registry as Seen in Ad/Other but I do not enter names.

lawdog1

Reaction score
If the VIN was in the old CS Registry news letters than I already entered it in our new Registry as Seen in Ad/Other but I do not enter names.

Yes, that is how it appears in the e9-driven registry.

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK Chris, how many 1970 2800CS Agaves with handsome owners are there?

iconoclast6

Reaction score
"Chuck Moss would object" ..... Uhm, thanks Stan, I think.

However, the only real vanity coupe owners have...is reserved for their e9's. I've often said that, while I'm partial to my Agave, I could easily be happy with other colors.

Good luck with the search!!

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hahaha...

Yeah, I saw that one a couple of weeks ago.

Love the options and color... but I can only imagine what lurks beneath...

"I've replaced the floor pans. There is some rust in the trunk."

Sounds like it barely runs (the gas can strewn on the floor attests to that), the interior is shot, the paint is shot, the sheet metal is shot...

Given the photo that shows other BMW's in the background, I wonder how dated the photos are.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you know Stan, if he puts on dark green glasses, the gr8white could be the right color car ...

GroupeB

Reaction score
Agave 73

Cadillac:
I purchased an Agave 73CS automatic and determined that to live with the car (a 4 owner 59,000 mile car with the original saddle interior) the exterior needed to be done. Like all things E9, one thing lead to another and we did the complete restore of every rust point, all with proper care, first class workmanship, and proper documentation. It went down to the shell and is now looking sympathetically restored , not over restored (we duplicated the BMW orange peel in the paint by not color sanding) Car started life in Greenwich CT, them MA then Ohio then SC. I have all the service records back to 1977, along with all the owner manuals, etc. so the car history is documented.

What is your price point? This car now needs nothing, is not really for sale, but I have 2 and do not need a 3rd. It will not be cheap.

Let me know.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hey,

As much as I want a Green one, I would "settle" (haha!) for Malaga, Granatrot, Siena Braun....

I really love the later seat pattern (1973 and up) and I really would prefer the Tan interior on Green...

Price range.... I am looking for one that has been restored properly or is all original. I expect to pay a current private party price for one in that condition. I know we may be in a bubble right now and I can see some people, including dealers, are taking advantage of the current demand in the market, however, I also know that the Mrs. has given me the ok to get one sooner, rather than later. As the condition goes up, so does the price and the pool of buyers normally shrinks in proportion to it.

I am willing to consider some mechanical upgrades if the color and options are correct.

Ideally, a 1973 or 1974 3.0 CS in Tundra Green that has a factory correct motor, zeniths, original 4 speed, runs like a top with correct paint and interior, nice brightwork, no sunroof, etc.

I passed on the Siena Brown one in the Sierra foothills on Ebay a few weeks ago as I thought the bidding went higher than I felt the car was worth after seeing it in person.

I don't want a project. I have done too many in my life and I just do not enjoy them. I would rather buy one finished from someone who is selling it as a family inheritance or someone who has grown tired with owning one.

The unusual Fjord one for sale currently here in the Bay Area that Shawn brought down from Canada and sold to Evan is off the list as I think the AT, the front end damage/repaint and the Blue vinyl interior ruin it for me.

Hope that helps!

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Looks like I have not found the right one yet. Thanks for all the replies so far, but I am still looking.

Just giving this a shameless bump....

Thanks!