WTB: wood shifter knob and Nardi steering wheel

e9admirer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Proud new owner of a silver 1972 3.0cs!

I'd like to find the following parts to fix some weird decisions made by the prior owner:

- wooden shifter knob (preference is no logo but BMW logo is also fine)

- wood Nardi steering wheel (with cast/solid hub) with BMW horn button (old or new)

Willing to pay fair price for these items. Thanks!

(I'm located in Los Angeles, CA)

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e9admirer ...

congrats on your purchase ! please share some pics when you get a chance.
since this is your 1st post, we will cut you a little slack. since your post is a WTB, people will want to know where you are, so you might want to update your profile. for instance if you are in the UK, shipping might be very expensive from the US or NZ / Australia. and i have found that makes a difference for somebody to spend the time to send a photo, etc.

there are a couple of places to buy new nardi wheels - crowder (ebay) and coupeguy (www.coupeguy.com). might be others, but those are the first that come to mind. the e9 hub is the same as for the e3, but different than the 2002. what is different is the horn ring.

there are also 2 different types of hubs, a collapsible (new type) with accordian bellows, and the cast (solid) type. there are also several types of horn buttons - the nardi button, the old bmw button and the new type. do some research and buy what you like + can afford. my recommendation is to not buy one of the japanese nardi wheels or one from asia.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a newly refinished plain wood knob available. PM me if interested. Congrats on your purchase and like Scott suggests, update your profile :razz:

e9admirer

Reaction score
Thanks so much to everyone for the tips! Consider me schooled.

I've updated my profile and will add pics of the new (old) car soon, along with saying hello on the New Member thread.