show your ...engine

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Me too, I chuckled to myself yesterday as i put away crumbling arm rest pieces that i replaced. I think i have kept every piece removed from my car. Thats why i have 2 alternators that Markos can choose from

what I have learned.... keep spare EVERYTHING, broken, tarnished, bent, ugly. You will eventually wish you had never chucked it! :D

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
Some under bonnet shots

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very nice inovermyhead. there's that different washer bottle. you might want to order the 2 drain hoses on either side of the heater intake. i know you can get them from Carl Nelson (bimmerdoc) and i think W+N has them as well.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Have you got a photo of the drain hoses Scott, not sure where they go. Also when we installed the engine we also did a heater delete ie blanked off the outlet at the back of the engine, its hot enough in Sydney not to need a heater especially with that great big lump up front!!

Cheers. John

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They attach to the 2 short tubes jutting out into the engine compartment on the firewall on either side of the heater fan cover. They keep fumes from getting into the cabin.

http://www.bimmerdoc.com/parts-find...2800cs30cscsicsl/coupe-under-hood-drain-tube/

Have you got a photo of the drain hoses Scott, not sure where they go. Also when we installed the engine we also did a heater delete ie blanked off the outlet at the back of the engine, its hot enough in Sydney not to need a heater especially with that great big lump up front!!

Cheers. John

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful Tom! Can you say which intake manifold and throttle linkages are on your motor? Also, the water pump setup.

Tom P

Reaction score
Thanks Markos! I don't know the name of the manifolds but they're the typical three individual manifolds of two ports each. I port matched them to the size of the larger M30-B35 intakes. Stevehose has a great single piece intake - its very nice. I love his Weber set up despite going a few different directions with mine. That said, I owe him many thanks for answering a multitude of Weber and 123 Distributor related questions!

The throttle linkages I purchased from Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA - US Weber Dealer. I realize now that I included the wrong photo above since it features my old flimsy linkage set up. My new set up is such an improvement - no flex at all. I'll post a couple other photos of the new set up following.

As for the water pump, I did not cut and weld as many do, I trimmed a little bit off the pump and a little bit off the edge of the carb base and it all fits snugly.

Next on the list is the 123 Ignition distributor install...

Last edited:

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
M42 going into the 02!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1499390534.966220.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1499390534.966220.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 214

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
VERY NICE ENGINE BAY
NICE AND NEAT
COOL
you can get the white head light cover screws now that would help a whole bunch in the overall look instead of the phillips
It looks unfinished
like the sticker on the radiator
no windsheild washers are they hidden?
grab some underhood stickers

Last edited:

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Markos! I don't know the name of the manifolds but they're the typical three individual manifolds of two ports each. I port matched them to the size of the larger M30-B35 intakes. Stevehose has a great single piece intake - its very nice. I love his Weber set up despite going a few different directions with mine. That said, I owe him many thanks for answering a multitude of Weber and 123 Distributor related questions!

The throttle linkages I purchased from Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA - US Weber Dealer. I realize now that I included the wrong photo above since it features my old flimsy linkage set up. My new set up is such an improvement - no flex at all. I'll post a couple other photos of the new set up following.

As for the water pump, I did not cut and weld as many do, I trimmed a little bit off the pump and a little bit off the edge of the carb base and it all fits snugly.

Next on the list is the 123 Ignition distributor install...

Tom,

What linkage did you purchase from Pierce, was it just their universal kit or did you buy individual components to create your set up? I just removed my old original flimsy linkage today which has developed too much play and yours looks great.

Doug

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A good place for linkage is Dellorto UK, you can email them and ask for a triple weber kit:

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/?s=linkage&post_type=product

Tom,

What linkage did you purchase from Pierce, was it just their universal kit or did you buy individual components to create your set up? I just removed my old original flimsy linkage today which has developed too much play and yours looks great.

Doug

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
these guys have some really nice pieces of kit. really cool stuff ... almost makes me want to go with triples over injection

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
A good place for linkage is Dellorto UK, you can email them and ask for a triple weber kit:

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/?s=linkage&post_type=product

Wow, thanks Steve. I will shoot them an email.

I have the standard intakes so will never get as clean a set up as you have.

My old set up had the rod posts attached to the pre threaded holes in the intake and I saw Tom had them in the anchored behind in the webs which means he had 3 posts vs just the catilvered 2 post rod assembly I had.