1974 BMW CSI 3.0 for sale vin

Fair price?

• More

• Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Your offering keeps getting more interesting. You can’t get a clean estimate from the group if you keep trickling little bits of information in though. Used front fenders in good condition go for $700, and inners are as much or more. You have major structural issues with the right-front area, but you don’t mention the fact that you have an entire spare passenger side front clip until the end of page 2. The fact that you have already sourced these parts is huge. Please take no offense - but lay out what you have up front!"View attachment 31708

Sorry I can understand the confusion, not trying to keep adding. About 3 years ago I got the car out of storage from the owner. Shortly after my wife was pregnant. Baby came time dried up. About a year ago i moved the car to a friend of mines house. He has a covered RV parking area at his home. He is also a certified bmw mechanic. We were going to tackle this with my father in law who is a professor of welding and blacksmith.

After much research i decided i didnt want to take a chance with this rare car.

Not that you should do what i was thinking, but ultimately we decided to send the car to miklos in hungary. Wife wants more space and other kids cant spend 40k + right now on this. So I need to sell...unless some 40k drops in my lap.

Now that you have way more information than you need....thanks for your help.

Im not trying to make this difficult these are just pics I have on my computer and can share right now. Im travelling. I took off seats, passenger door, front lighting and grill assembly, rear assembly and will put it all back together. The suspension is reattached to the car and it is rollable. Need fuel tank.

Ill be getting some photos this weekend hopefully.

Maybe clean it all up together ...put it on ebay? There was only 579 made its djet matching.....

15ish was what i was thinking.

Last edited:

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
i guess euro doesnt have the trunk fender wheel brace.

Yes it is a 74.
3 0 csi 003.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i guess euro doesnt have the trunk fender wheel brace.

Someone was just discussing this. Apparently the US models got the reinforcements. It may be an old discussion in the 1974 differences thread that recently resurfaced.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or list it for 15k on craigslist and it will be on ebay from googout or BHCC for 22.5k the next week. KEEP the petri and sell it to one of the many people on this forum that would love to buy it.

jamesw

Reaction score
I like the idea of sending it to Miklos for metal work. I love following his work on Facebook - he's an artist! Did you get any quotes on shipping it there and back again?

Cheers
James

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You need to check if the motor still rotates. Engines can sieze after that much time.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I like the idea of sending it to Miklos for metal work. I love following his work on Facebook - he's an artist! Did you get any quotes on shipping it there and back again?

Cheers
James
I could not get a firm quote. Was given a soft quote with the customs disclosures. Soft quote was 8k...but not responsible for additional customs charges. This car belongs with miklos. In 6-8 months it will be perfect and can drive forever...no rust.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
or list it for 15k on craigslist and it will be on ebay from googout or BHCC for 22.5k the next week. KEEP the petri and sell it to one of the many people on this forum that would love to buy it.

I havent received an offer yet from anyone in this group. It would save me the trouble of having to pretty it up for sale. Seems trivial to pretty it up just to be disassembled and restored.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just finished working with buyer and seller on a 74 needing paint but no body work plus complete re-assembly. Came with spare 5 speed and euro bumpers.

Very few buyers for a big project like this. You are looking at big money and lots of time.

Going price as of last week for that kind of deal was 10k.
the other offers were less.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh man. $40k to restore, $16k for round-trip for shipping. Given that, I would just have CoupeKing or Mario at VSR do the work or anyone else in the USA that has done good bodywork on E9s.

tmason

Reaction score
I agree with Don. Not many buyers interested in a frame off project ($$$) and really with the amount of rust on shock towers even less are willing to tackle this problem. It can turn into a very large can of worms in just a short amount of time. GLWS.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just finished working with buyer and seller on a 74 needing paint but no body work plus complete re-assembly. Came with spare 5 speed and euro bumpers.

Very few buyers for a big project like this. You are looking at big money and lots of time.

Going price as of last week for that kind of deal was 10k.
the other offers were less.

I agree. $10K has been my high water mark for the shell with bag & tag parts. The OP’s car is worth at least $10K in parts though. The extra $5K is mainly due to it being a CSI. Also, this car is still assembled which is a major bonus. I don’t envy anyone who tries to assemble an e9 from a bin of parts. I attribute it to a Lego set with no directions. I step on Legos in my house every morning so it’s a relevant analogy for me. :D

This car has a narrow market. It will either sell to someone who has a complete understanding of the e9 which a reference car in bay #1, or someone who has no idea what he/she is getting into. The OP is showcasing this car in the right place. I hope a member picks it up.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Oh man. $40k to restore, $16k for round-trip for shipping. Given that, I would just have CoupeKing or Mario at VSR do the work or anyone else in the USA that has done good bodywork on E9s.

8k was round trip. They said they could not guarantee customs and vat prices. From what i understand vat comes back when car leaves.

FYI.