1974 BMW CSI 3.0 for sale vin

Fair price?

• More

• Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
vin says 226... that's not a late model CSi, if it were it would have a 434 vin and be much more interesting IMO

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just finished working with buyer and seller on a 74 needing paint but no body work plus complete re-assembly. Came with spare 5 speed and euro bumpers.

Very few buyers for a big project like this. You are looking at big money and lots of time.

Going price as of last week for that kind of deal was 10k.
the other offers were less.
actually Don, i am 95% sure that coupe is still for sale ... buyer has decided he has too much on his plate. that being said, the coupe Don is speaking about has a little surface rust on the primer in a few places (i have seen detailed wheel well and under carriage photos). it supposedly comes with a new getrag 5 speed (in a crate - that is worth some real money), it has reconditioned gauges, and a lot of new parts. buyer was asking 12k, but if it goes to ebay he will probably want 15k. the car is in the midwest. this is not being placed here as an ad for sale to compete with this thread ... only for a little more detail for a point of comparison ... and since Don mentioned it. selling / buying a dismantled coupe is not for the faint of heart.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
3-0-csi-003-jpg.31994

E911 is right. That import tag isn’t gospel. It either lists the VIN wrong or the year. 226 goes through ‘72.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
LHD? Acc. to that website, none.

Sorry to Hijack OP, but you may want to chime in with your VIN from the cowl. I think the year on your import tag is wrong. It shouldn’t affect the value of your car though.

I’m leaning towards all 1973 LHD CSI’s getting built in ‘72. My CSI was built in October, and is over 3,000 units away from the VIN range stop. That’s about 1,000 units per month. The model year generally started production in September, which would come out to 4,000+ LHD 1973 CSI’s. I’m sure someone has a book with actual production numbers, but that number seems fair. One caveat, I do my think they use the sameness model year starting point in europe. Since CSI’s had no US market, that could have an effect on the estimates. Anyone?

The BMW 3.0 CSi VIN 2263445 was manufactured on October 05th, 1972 and delivered on October 09th, 1972 to the BMW dealer Wahl in Hüttental, Germany. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

Actual Registry cutoff for the 226 VINs
https://e9-driven.com/RegistryList.asp?Sort=Vin&Model=&filter=&PgCnt=31

Last edited:

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From the current Ebay listing for a 73 CSi; "According to BMW in Germany, this car left the factory on May 15, 1973"

Pretty sure they built 73's right up to the 74' switch over... likely after the October break.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
From the current Ebay listing for a 73 CSi; "According to BMW in Germany, this car left the factory on May 15, 1973"

Pretty sure they built 73's right up to the 74' switch over... likely after the October break.

Well that would make sense. What’s the deal with the VIN range on e9-driven? It completely skips 1973 LHD CSI’s...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It doesn’t skip anything, the first 6,506 plus second 1,429 are combined for the numbers by year at the bottom. The thru 12/72 heading is misleading however.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It doesn’t skip anything, the first 6,506 plus second 1,429 are combined for the numbers by year at the bottom. The thru 12/72 heading is misleading however.

The through 12/72 is what I was referring to, and I assumed @teahead as well...

I also don’t get the chart above. Over 3,000 units were made after my car in 1972 and mine is a MY ‘73. That is more units than the entire ‘73 run listed above. It would make sense however if th “through ‘72” is incorrect.

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone know if PaulSoCal sold this car? I sent him a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back. Anybody got an email address for Paul?

I might be interested in taking this restoration on. I appear to have been badly bitten by the E9 bug...
Dan