SOLD! Two Sets of 528 Rear Window Motor

jmackro

Reaction score
They make DC to DC voltage converters in almost any range you need. You can change from 12v to 15v, 18v or even 24v with a solid state module that's also waterproof.

Possible in theory, but perhaps hard to do in practice. I suspect that a DC-DC converter that could provide sufficient amperage would be fairly large/heavy/expensive. Installing e28 motors, relays, mechanical clean-up would be simpler/faster/cheaper.

Last edited:

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the end, e28 motors, relays, mechanical clean-up would be simpler/faster/cheaper.

I find that a large catherine wheel bonded to the regulator wheel provides a dramatic increase in window speeds. A good alternative to E28 motors if you only wind your windows up once a year.

damienh

Reaction score
Wouldn't that only run in one direction ? what about when you want to put the windows back up again ? I'm not sure about this one to be honest.

I'm in the middle of doing this job at the moment and have the regulators and motors out. I'm wondering if it's definitely the case that the e28 motors are faster, because I have a set I could fit. But given that the old dried up grease is like glue, I'm expecting a big improvement already that will probably be good enough for me. The reason I ask is, everybody seems to have replaced the motors at the same time as re-greasing everything, so how do they know it's the motors that are faster, the e28 ones didn't seem any faster when I ran them straight off the battery. I have the newer motors.

And someone in the UK might find this useful - window felt channels I've just fitted, £11 for all four windows. A lot cheaper than the Walloth Nesch price. They fit very well, but I'll confirm when the job is done and windows move.

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1023/window-channel

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tony,

Sardine cans replaced in Feb/Mar of 73 when switches and regulators also changed and circuit breakers were added. E28 rear door motors are plug and play with these (add a spade terminal). E12 does not work. E28 motors can be adapted to the sardine style and there is a post here detailing how to do it. Biggest change is three wires to two. Yes, the Bosch numbers end in 026 and 027, L and R.
Hello Again Chris
On my 1973 CSa I pulled the door panel and checked and I have a two wire type set up and of course I have the newer style motor and the circuit breaker. Before going through the trouble of pulling the regulator off do you think that the E28 motor should be faster than what’s on the car?
Thank you for all your help!
Cheers
Tony P.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The one member who has changed his motors with the E28 motors is Bfeng. I think it would be worth your effort to email and ask him.
Also I went to my friends today to pick up the center grille and will ship it to you once I get you're check. You can trust me on shipping it to you.
Thanks
Koopman

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ok guys, today I exchanged the ones that came as original on my 73 3.0 CSA with the E28 Motors. We timed it before and after. It is almost twice as fast with E28 Motors. Have in mind two months ago I completely Dismanteled everything as much as possible cleaned all old grease and lubricated all hinges and tracks and removed and filed any bindings and although I got significant improvement I wasn’t happy with the speed. Now it is working really nice.
ONE THING TO REMEMBER : The bolts that secures the motor to the regulator and come standard with the car are too long and you need to use a washer . If you tighthen the bolts it will get too close to, and binds the back of the gear inside.
I will post some pictures later ...
Thanks everyone for your contribution!!!
Have a lovely day

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
for what is worth I need to also add that my increased speed may be due to my old Motors could had become weak due to being exposed to continuous resistance for long while before cleaning them few months ago. I remember watching a video here on the forum whereas another member had a remarkable speed with thier original motor (and not E28 motor) ... so that compled me to write this part.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Let me know know if anyone needs E28 rear motors. I am aggressively hunting them down.
Koopman

jmackro

Reaction score
I remember watching a video here on the forum whereas another member had a remarkable speed with thier original motor (and not E28 motor) ...

My memory of that video is just the opposite: I recall the e28 motor spinning faster than the sardine can motor. But as HB Chris says, the links to those those old posts are now gone, so we have to rely on our memories of them.

jmackro

Reaction score
I don’t think these on the Ebay are the same as E28 Motors

"These on Ebay"??? Which on ebay?

Motors with 8-tooth drive gears typically work. While 8 - tooth motors are most commonly found on e28 rear windows, apparently they were also used on early 928's. There are lots of 10-tooth motors on ebay, and no those won't work on an e9.