Needed a "Go By"

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The car on top is my instruction book for how to finish what someone else started.. instantly addicted to everything E9! Truelly appreciate the tremendous support of this forum and archive. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_171906237.jpg
    IMG_20181209_171906237.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 642

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The car on top is my instruction book for how to finish what someone else started.
Hello Thomas, and welcome to the forum. Is the top car also yours? Are you using it as a donor? Or just the blueprint for the one below, and then you'll have two? Can't wait to see the results!

When the first is complete will you do the instruction book also?
I think I just asked the same question that you did - sorry! :oops:

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes I own both of them. The bottom car is complete so there shouldn't be a need for a donor, just a way to look at how things go together. I don't know yet how I'll feel about another restoration after the first is done. Many factors at play.;)

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes I own both of them. The bottom car is complete so there shouldn't be a need for a donor, just a way to look at how things go together. I don't know yet how I'll feel about another restoration after the first is done. Many factors at play.;)

Great idea! It will probably appreciate while it is serving go-by duty, so you're probably doing better than the stock market. Of course, I'd also use it for "practice" before digging into some jobs, which might make it even rougher.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those of us with one car, I do 1/2 at a time. Ex I only delivered one front seat to the upholsterer so when I get it back, I can use the other to figure out how to reconstruct.......wont say it takes twice the time but I am in no rush.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lots of clean parts in the basement and my first big walloth order due to arrive this week.
A quick parts run to Chicago helps too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_144727880.jpg
    IMG_20190105_144727880.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 547

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still trying to digest this. So the pitch goes something like this : "Honestly honey, I NEED at least 2 BMW E9s so I can do a really excellent job at fixing 1 up." So that works then? Congratulations Thomas! :D

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cleaned, regreased, new bump stops, and E28 motors fitted. Maybe a couple relays added for good measure and they're ready for installation.
IMG_20190201_202058169.jpg

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got a brief warm up today, so I spent a little time in the car. The seatbelts are peculiar for a 1970, anyone recognize this? Mounted driver side behind rear seat.
IMG_20190203_164606562.jpg

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Makes sense, it doesn't look like a factory install. Where does the fixed belt mount for front seats?