FS: New CS REGISTRY LICENSE PLATE FRAMES

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Many years ago Art Wegweiser did a run of CS Registry license plate frames. I don't know when or how many, I only know he gave one to me, now framing the plate in the photo below. One other member told me he had one.

So I have contacted a company that makes custom frames, sent them a photo of mine and now arranging to have one reproduced. I want to check the material and workmanship before I offer them to you.

The total price at this point is $44. That includes the frame and all shipping costs. I plan on using a USPS flat rate, flat envelope that comes with insurance and tracking. I will tuck the frame between two pieces of stiff cardboard.

The $44. price includes a pad to insure this does not cost me money. I did this with two CS Register/ry badge runs and the matching decal run. Anything left over after I am covered goes to e9coupe.

Since my coupe and I are eligible for Antique plates we will do this the old fashioned way. Check or Money Order only! No Bitcoin or Dutch tulip bulbs. I do not have paypal, but for INTERNATIONAL buyers ONLY my son has graciously? allowed me to use his paypal account.
No exceptions.

We will communicate by personal email ONLY. [email protected] I will not respond to PMs except to say,
"send me an email." So save you and me the aggravation.

If you are interested send me your name and address, phone numbers optional, I rarely check my texts. I will log you in, with pen and ink in my ledger. And create a group for mass mailings.

When I am satisfied with the sample frame I am paying for I will post a YES, it's a go and my mailing address.
20190203_111044_resized_4.jpg

Steve O'Neill

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Many years ago Art Wegweiser did a run of CS Registry license plate frames. I don't know when or how many, I only know he gave one to me, now framing the plate in the photo below. One other member told me he had one.

So I have contacted a company that makes custom frames, sent them a photo of mine and now arranging to have one reproduced. I want to check the material and workmanship before I offer them to you.

The total price at this point is $44. That includes the frame and all shipping costs. I plan on using a USPS flat rate, flat envelope that comes with insurance and tracking. I will tuck the frame between two pieces of stiff cardboard.

The $44. price includes a pad to insure this does not cost me money. I did this with two CS Register/ry badge runs and the matching decal run. Anything left over after I am covered goes to e9coupe.

Since my coupe and I are eligible for Antique plates we will do this the old fashioned way. Check or Money Order only! No Bitcoin or Dutch tulip bulbs. I do not have paypal, but for INTERNATIONAL buyers ONLY my son has graciously? allowed me to use his paypal account.
No exceptions.

We will communicate by personal email ONLY. [email protected] I will not respond to PMs except to say,
"send me an email." So save you and me the aggravation.

If you are interested send me your name and address, phone numbers optional, I rarely check my texts. I will log you in, with pen and ink in my ledger. And create a group for mass mailings.

When I am satisfied with the sample frame I am paying for I will post a YES, it's a go and my mailing address.
View attachment 60502

Steve O'Neill

what a nice initiative, Steve,
we, in europe wont be able to use these frames as we do have rectangular, longer plates
just one point, Antique plates and showing the website seems an anachronism to me,
regrads

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what a nice initiative, Steve,
we, in europe wont be able to use these frames as we do have rectangular, longer plates
just one point, Antique plates and showing the website seems an anachronism to me,
regrads
de'Q, sorry you can't use one. Other than our neighbors to the north, the Canadians, I am not sure who else uses our size plates.

Interesting point about the www.bmwcsregistry.org Perhaps these frames are not as old as I thought. Perhaps they date back to the apple/macintosh era of floppy discs. Well before African Princes offering chests of gold and the Dark Web. And then there is all the controversary and misinformation(unintentional) about the name change, CSRegister to CSRegistry or vice verse, an issue when I did a second run of grille badges. I can't seem to remember from run to run which came first, "er" or "ry".

Perhaps a former editor or early member knows the real history.

Sorry, no AARP or AAA or Senior Early Bird discounts.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
de'Q, sorry you can't use one. Other than our neighbors to the north, the Canadians, I am not sure who else uses our size plates.

Interesting point about the www.bmwcsregistry.org Perhaps these frames are not as old as I thought. Perhaps they date back to the apple/macintosh era of floppy discs. Well before African Princes offering chests of gold and the Dark Web. And then there is all the controversary and misinformation(unintentional) about the name change, CSRegister to CSRegistry or vice verse, an issue when I did a second run of grille badges. I can't seem to remember from run to run which came first, "er" or "ry".

Perhaps a former editor or early member knows the real history.

Sorry, no AARP or AAA or Senior Early Bird discounts.

Steve
First Bump.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, i love the idea + have sent you an email saying that i am in for one.
thanks
scott

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sounds great....
email sent - in for two. One for the car, second for the shop wall. :)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you are the only one. I retired mine when I got a period correct license plate frame from the dealership where my coupe was delivered
Of course. I suppose only the CS Registry and the Vasel Pavek(horrible misspelling) frames from the CA dealer are desirable.
Is that dealership still in business