Weber Sidedrafts with Korman Manifold-SOLD

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
My mechanic fabricated a spacer to get the newer style thermostat to fit when I had the engine rebuilt a few months ago.

4C98C24C-0432-4F2C-9D90-5CE10B76FA80.jpeg

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you certain that this is true? Korman does not publish their prices. You would need to call to confirm. The Redline kit, with a three piece manifold and a cheap linkage is $2,000. Does the Korman kit with better linkages costs $600 less than the redline kit? With any new kit don't forget to add another $250+ for tax and shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E3-wit...n-kit-BMW-Bavaria-2800-3-0-3-0CS/330860838614
I may have misunderstood original post. I was under the impression it was purchased new from Korman 6 months a go for $1,400.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahh.... my statement about buying them 'here' meant I bought them from the e9coupe parts for sale section.
I think the whole segway into the korman setup discussion did not help.
Anyway, still for sale.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
And the buyer really needs to replace that incorrect Philip’s head machine screw on the cover of the rear carb. It’s driving me nuts looking at it.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve--I only have 1.5 " clearance between the middle carb and the brake booster. The 1" horn and IDF filter caps should work as seen at the Pierce manifold site https://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/172.htm Part # 52840.010 and 99217.225 agreed? And where could I see the 90 degree Alpina set-up? Thanks, Drew BTW, the large alum air box that was on the carbs is not going back per the guys at the restoration shop.
Korman sells a modified thermostat housing. Other air filter options besides the flat foam filters (which tend to richen p the carbs) like trumpets will require a Tii brake booster. I think an Alpina setup with the 90 degree trumpets clear the stock booster. My VGS manifold clears the stock booster but they are hard to find. Triple Weber conversions add up $$$ quickly.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I think this is a very good buy at $1400. Everything I’ve ever gotten from Korman (mechanical, not body), was really good stuff.

This kit will clean up easily/nicely and would be my first choice for going to triple DCOE’s. I’m using a real Alpina setup and the older style DCOE’s only because of the bling factor, not that it will work better than the Korman setup (it won’t).
Nice to see a pic of the alpina setup so I know what the bling factor looks like!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That might be cutting it close, not sure, also not sure on the filtering quality of those screens. Alpina:

6049501572_47a6c8bec0_b.jpg

img_20170202_162353-jpg.49050

img_20170202_162614-jpg.49049

The last 2 pics are Nicad's

Steve--I only have 1.5 " clearance between the middle carb and the brake booster. The 1" horn and IDF filter caps should work as seen at the Pierce manifold site https://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/172.htm Part # 52840.010 and 99217.225 agreed? And where could I see the 90 degree Alpina set-up? Thanks, Drew BTW, the large alum air box that was on the carbs is not going back per the guys at the restoration shop.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
I would also recommend you ask steve Armstrong(stevehose) for some input.
I have never Installed this set.
The set I had installed on my last e9 were pretty close to this set up, I believe.
On a stock 3.0 I know the chokes are good and I think the jets are close to ideal.
I would have to look back at my notes to see the best set up on the 3.0 for jetting

indeed close to ideal..... 32 mm chokes for a 3l 6 cilinder engine
32 x 1.25 = 40 mm carbs
32 x 4 = 125 main jets
125 + 50 = 175 air correctors

all is as described by Weber...... GLWS !

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And they are Italian made late models with idle air screws and vacuum ports for balancing and synching.