I'm terribly slow in my rebuild pace (started 2012), but I enjoy doing a lot myself. Which means that I have to learn a lot as it's my first classic car ever.
There is no bolt or nut left on the body. I bought my welder after deciding to tackle the rust. So I am going from noob position to All-in.
And i can be a cheap skate: when sweat and money are both solutions, i choose sweat.
Now, 14 years later, I think i've mastered the skill to hamer-dolly a panel to a mirror smooth finish. When I removed my front fenders i took off all the paint, and discovered some dents. Some old and filled with lead, some newer and filled with bondo. And they were very clearly cut and re-welded vertically with quite some unevenness.
But that dented thing is not what i'd like to weld back in place.
It took me about 25 hours (and 14 years of pre-work), but here's the left fender before, during and after:
Mind you, I still have to fix the rust on it
Wrinkles above indicator light:


Smoothed and onto the section next to it:

Then onwards with the topsurface:
various dents:

some dents are shallow where you skim half the thickness of the blue paint, but some are 1 mm deep (1/25th of a inch)

and the vertical weld, above the left front wheel
So I coated the entire surface with a marker, and smoothed it step by step, removing all the dents:




and finally we've got one continous flowing curve
