16 inch Alpina wheels - are these copies any good?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
keep in mind the Classic closed cap version is still available brand new .....

These are different from the Alpinas that Don listed above, but this is a good visual for those interested in this route. I had a set of 18” softline alpinas with the center covers missing so I painted the centers black. It turned out really well IMO. The lip around the centers makes it very easy to mask and paint. Also the center covers are worth quite a bit if you wanted to sell them to offset the cost of your purchase.

16876087806_2a7bb0d098_b.jpg

16714326568_98b365c993_b.jpg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did Alpina make a 15” wheel for an e9?

I have installed various versions of 15” BBS wheels on my coupe over the years because even though it’s only one inch, I like think it is the perfect compromise of not too much tire or too much wheel.

Doug

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

I have installed various versions of 15” BBS wheels on my coupe over the years because even though it’s only one inch, I like think it is the perfect compromise of not too much tire or too much wheel.

Doug

Yeah they did, but good luck finding a set, especially in 5x120...

daddywad

Reaction score
Yes the gold may be a little bit of an acquired taste but they look fantastic. the black ones are more subtle of course.

These were used on the Alpina B2 and B2S, I'm sure Yannick will agree or correct me?

I can direct you at 16" replicas but I am in process of getting the 14" reproduced. The good thing is you can pick your wheel width and offset by using standard 20 bolt rims, they are 5 x 120.

Mark

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
keep in mind the Classic closed cap version is still available brand new .....
16" Alpina Classic C83 Wheels US$1833

Wheel Specifications

• Genuine Alpina Wheels
    • Finish: Silver "Lacquer 01"
    • 2 Years Manufacturer’s Warranty
    • Mobile Fitting Service Available
    • Caps: centre caps not included. Choose from the accessories section below
    • Available for delivery (Worldwide)
    • Individual Wheels available for damage replacement purposes only
Front Wheels: 7Jx16 ET11 (p/n ALP 3611612)
Rear Wheels: 8Jx16 ET24 (p/n ALP 3611613)

• Free Expert Support & Advice
    • 2 Years Manufacturer’s Warranty
    • Fast Delivery Worldwide
available-tick.png

Usually despatched in 3-5 days
Hello Don,
Where is the source for these wheel?

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I did and I found bunch of them not the same size though. But Don got back with me and give me the web site..
However the Center cap I have from Carl Nelson where I bought the Coupking wheels from are different. the sizes and offset are identical and the car looks great !!!

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score

Don’t believe Alpinas made a 5 hole 15” turbine wheel. They did offered a 15” 4 hole wheel for the 2002 and the early to 2nd generation 3 series though.

The only 15x7” Alpina replica wheel that I’ve ever come across is the MSW wheel (OZ). I bought them at Hardy&Beck new back in the early 1990’s and since sold to a well known member here.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Move that wheel I want to take a nap in that chair!

Your wheels turned out wonderful. Great looking center caps. ;)

Yes, they turned out great! Thanks again for steering me in the right direction when I was searching for something to use as centercaps.
And to anybody else looking to use closed-hub Alpinas without the big center cap, you can’t use the regular smaller Alpina center cap found on open-hub Alpinas.

The center bore is bigger on the closed-hub Alpinas, so the small cap wont fit at all. I had no idea what to search for, but Markos had a great tip: universal cup holders! There are alot of different universal cup holders on Amazon, Ebay and other sites, I managed to find cups that had the perfect diameter, just had to cut them down an inch or so. Smack on an Alpina sticker and you’re done!:)