16 inch Alpina wheels - are these copies any good?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to refresh the topic and ask, anyone of You had any experience with Maxilite rims?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the US site. Office is about three miles from where I am sitting. I don't need any wheels, but I should stop by and see what they have.

Scott

shanon

Reaction score
Dont need any wheels now but FWIW :

I run 14x7 Rail (French?) period Alpina' copies on the street. Been very pleased with them. But tire options getting limited.

For track,
Had a set of WEDS 15x7 2pc spoked wheels, gold centers that I painted black.
Damn..Wish I still had those (hey member, if ya ever wanna part with them, please give me first option, ha! Thx ;)

Replaced with a set of 15" BBS 2pc look alike for the track shoes. 15" a popular track tire size...lotsa options

Alpina spoked style/looks can be
had in 14", 15", 16" sizes.

My conclusion: any Alpina spokers 14,15, 16 look great on e9s. Personally, anything larger looks awkward.

Choice usually determined by purpose, function, availability, opportunity and budget.

Just my 02 cents.

But those 14" alpina 2pc clown shoes might look pretty neat on my clown car ;)

Carmine

Reaction score
Dont need any wheels now but FWIW :

I run 14x7 Rail (French?) period Alpina' copies on the street. Been very pleased with them. But tire options getting limited.

For track,
Had a set of WEDS 15x7 2pc spoked wheels, gold centers that I painted black.
Damn..Wish I still had those (hey member, if ya ever wanna part with them, please give me first option, ha! Thx ;)

Replaced with a set of 15" BBS 2pc look alike for the track shoes. 15" a popular track tire size...lotsa options

Alpina spoked style/looks can be
had in 14", 15", 16" sizes.

My conclusion: any Alpina spokers 14,15, 16 look great on e9s. Personally, anything larger looks awkward.

Choice usually determined by purpose, function, availability, opportunity and budget.

Just my 02 cents.

But those 14" alpina 2pc clown shoes might look pretty neat on my clown car ;)
Hi Shanon ,
Where I can buy the "clown" 2 pieces alpina replica ?

Thanks in advance

TrackRat

Reaction score
I’m running a staggered set of 16” Maxilite wheels, purchased in late 2021 from ebay. They have performed well and look good. There are detail differences between the Maxilites and Alpinas. Most noticeable is the added ring around the OD of the inner black painted hub portion, presumably to retain a cover cap

I also have an original staggered set of Alpina 16”s that needed refinishing. However purchasing these new wheels then mounting new tires got me what I needed quickly at a similar cost to refinishing the Alpinas.

Attachments

• B3996AB9-6AC2-4AFE-9582-6C54788BDD9C.jpeg
    B3996AB9-6AC2-4AFE-9582-6C54788BDD9C.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 65

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I recently struggled with this. I had Minilite purchased from a private seller and backed out. The opportunity came up to purchase real staggered Alpina's that needed to be sanded and painted which I did. Was MUCH more than I wanted to spend and had lots of buyers remorse till I put them on. Like others have said in this thread its hard to put your finger on it but they just look so good. First day I put them on some stranger waved me down and yelled "nice Alpina's" I just love them and it changed the entire look of my car. I hated the two tone paint of my car when I purchased it, and now with the Alpina wheels it just ties everything together. For me I am. so glad I got the real thing. If you can afford it and can wait I say hold out for the real thing.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score

You're in luck.......... but only if you have an E30! I hope some day they extend their classic product line to other vehicles.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Closed lug Alpinas look too modern for me. The Maxlites are an excellent alternative but again, to me, the spokes have sharp edges and where they mate to the rim just looks a bit off. Oldenzaal sure loves them though.