1970 2800CSA rust monster restomod

Discussion in 'E9 Projects and Restorations' started by wizzurp, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Procrastinator Staff Member Site Donor $$

View My Showcase
    I’ve removed every piece of trim on my car inside and out. Just let me know what you need help with. Post in this thread and others can chime in as well.

wizzurp likes this.
  2. wizzurp

wizzurp Member

Well that took awhile, nothing exciting but image the heavy smell of varnish while you watch.

I will likely bug you @Markos about interior stuff. I've read your deconstruction thread previously, I need to bust it back open and see which stuff I need from it, it should be handy dandy.

Markos likes this.
  3. Belgiumbarry

Belgiumbarry Well-Known Member

i was wondering how far Wyatt was with his project ? :)

4. wizzurp

wizzurp Member

It has been on the back burner, built a motor and did a swap in another of my cars that I just finished up recently. I just received my Ireland Engineering Group4 kit in the mail after a month or so of waiting. It looks good and I'm very excited to get it mocked up and figure out what I can cut out as far as exterior panels and rust goes. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've done a bunch of work on several of my other cars in the last couple months.

Belgiumbarry likes this.
  5. autokunst

autokunst Well-Known Member Site Donor $$

No apology necessary. You are moving faster than I am - ha ha. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

wizzurp likes this.
  6. JetDexter

JetDexter Member Site Donor

I am also waiting to see how things are coming here. This is the only car I've seen with more holes in it than mine, so I need some motivation:)

wizzurp likes this.
  7. wizzurp

wizzurp Member

Lol, glad to help! Most people would have sent it to the crusher after pulling a handful of useful things off of it.
    Finished up ANOTHER motor for another car I've got Friday evening. Need to stick a trans on it and get it back in the car then it'll be time to get cracking on the bmw again! I'm so ready to mock it up and measure for wheels/tires and get cutting.

JetDexter likes this.