1973 3.0CS on BAT

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Must have taken a lot of time and money to touch up all those photos

Check the photos in this 911r auction and then compare them to the video just posted.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Calling Scottvest! Can I borrow your poodles for my photo shoot? When I worked as an advertising copywriter in the smokin' 60s art directors became enamored of butterflies.

Like the poodle, totally out of context. But hey man, cool and with it. What ever that meant.

In a year, housing and exotic cars will have a head on. Be ready to pick up the pieces. Cheap! Time to move this to offtopic.
Sure!!
59F0E44E-71C5-4C5C-8274-D7CA4F0E29EA.jpeg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
just in case the new owner wants to get everything correct; the trim piece on the left sill is incorrect. The one from the right side is mounted. Notice how the shiny trim line ends in relation to the curve of the wheel arch; the trim end should run in parallel to the wheel arc curve.
1617780648901.png

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What I find amazing is the differential between what this car brought and Mike Pelley's car, which sold for $78,500 22 months ago. Pelley's car was a much better car, same color scheme and restored beautifully.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
And again I feel like I should raise the value of my insurance. There's no way I could replace it right now if it got totaled.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree the car that sold for 78k was a much nicer car BUT it's nothing to do with the cars. It's the buyers showing up on that particular day... It's an emotional buy which creates the extreme variation.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
What I find amazing is the differential between what this car brought and Mike Pelley's car, which sold for $78,500 22 months ago. Pelley's car was a much better car, same color scheme and restored beautifully.

Keep in mind Mike Pelley’s car was lacking the factory dents on the front bumper. That’s gotta be a factor.
339E165E-CD1F-4FCD-AF40-B05FF434790D.jpeg

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of course I am bias on this opinion, but w/ the "No Sale" of this same year CS @ $80K, when it sold @ $145K just a year ago, I need to chime in. I would take my Bavaria any day over this at 1/2 the price the "no sale." Of course I don't know where mine will end up, I highly doubt it will come close to $80K. I do know there is no comparison performance wise or condition with mine vs. this coupe, sorry, just being honest.

Does mine have four doors, sure, does this no....is it rarer than this Polaris Coupe being a factory Golf Bavaria.....you betcha.....disadvantage coupe...LOL. And just think....you can put the kids in the back seat.....Just sayin.....less than 24 hrs. until my auction is over so not taking anything away from this auction as it is officially over. I feel bad for the owner, mistakes were made but that's life. That is a huge difference in price compared to last year, even with "improvements" which I'm sure are legit still fell very short of the sale price just a year ago....Bid accordingly friends on my Bav.....pass the word! Thanks again for all the support!