1973 3.0CS - Pasadena Craiglist

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/2912750141.html

Saw this car in Craigslist, from the limited photos the car looks decent and the price seem reasonable.
Unfortunately he doesn't provide much information on the car as to it's condition, don't know if that's
deliberate or not. Looks like a Euro model. One owner and records sounds like a plus.

Has anyone tried to contact him to get additonal details on the car?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would cut that rare Alpina fart can tail pipe tip
off in a heartbeat.

execmalibu

Reaction score
I have contacted the seller...

Sounds rusty (Euro Model) I am meeting him tomorrow...

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Will be interesting to hear what you find

Let us know what you think of her, kind of curious. Maybe at least
another car to add to the registry, if it's not already on there.

DerSchwede

Reaction score
In some countries, like Sweden and possibly also Swizerland, the rear fog light wasn't allowed and hence the cars originally delivered new there, did have the rear chrome panel without the fog light. The same goes for other period cars although you might not be able to see it, due to the rear fog light beeing a part of the rear lights (or not).

Cheers
A

Last edited:

tightbox

Reaction score
Has anyone been out to see this one? I had a deposit down on the car, and the seller has gone silent.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Tightbox... I warned you that the Seller seemed very odd and the deal was very RISKY!

Charles,

I tried to both help and warn you and you refused to listen... The seller was very unresponsive and the car seemed like it had serious issues... You said that you had photos but never shared them...

Now you have neither your money nor a car... Sorry that you got cheated.

Maybe the seller is just out of town on Vacation... Spending your money.

It looks like the car is at the Rolls dealer in Pasadena. I called my buddy over there but they say they dont know the guy...

If I can help you let me know...

tightbox

Reaction score
Seller is trying to keep my $1k "refundable" deposit. I have submitted a claim with PayPal, and I funded this through my Amex. Hopefully he decides to do the right thing without this going too far.

tightbox

Reaction score
I will post everything I know if he doesn't make this right in the next 48 hours. I have filed the official claim through PayPal, so he has been notified.

execmalibu

Reaction score
The guy stood me up again today....

Scam artist I think...

I was supposed to see the car twice, first last week and then he disappeared.... Last night Omar called me back and we were supposed to meet this morning... I drove to his location and called him repeatedly but always a voicemail and no return call ever! ....

Apparently the same situation for several others...

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will post everything I know if he doesn't make this right in the next 48 hours. I have filed the official claim through PayPal, so he has been notified.

if paypal won't stand behind you, make a claim through amex. you might not be able to use that paypal account again, but you'll get your money back. you can get another paypal account with a different credit card + email address.

wmnewlife

Reaction score
scam

This is a scam. A friend lost $30,000 on a 356 recently. The money went to Eastern Europe and disappeared. Apparently there are two kinds of paypal accounts. Go to AMEX

tightbox

Reaction score
"Omar" has had plenty enough time to do the right thing at this point. I am ready to pursue this further.

Jeff, let me know if you do get a call back to meet up with him.

Last edited: