Fair price?

• More

• Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, perhaps in hungary it can be restored for $40k, but in the States, especially CA...at LEAST $60k.

Think you can get $15k for it all day long.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Also drivers door panels were removed some are missing but passengers looks good.
P1010107.JPG
P1010108.JPG

Wladek

Reaction score
The engine and body have same numbers. :) The wheel is original petri no cracks. The body is salvageable. The trunk is clean no rust...everything looks achievable for a restoration. All original lights and covers. My plan was to put 35-40k into it and have a 50k + car. But wife wants a bigger yard..and car not so much :(

P
Like most wives:(

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Some more pics.
P1010147.JPG
P1010077.JPG
P1010078.JPG
P1010144.JPG
P1010101.JPG
P1010102.JPG
This was when i removed the shock tower...Rears look good.

Heres the passenger wheel pic.too

Attachments

• P1010103.JPG
    P1010103.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 247
  • P1010104.JPG
    P1010104.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 234
  • P1010105.JPG
    P1010105.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 245
  • P1010106.JPG
    P1010106.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 246
  • P1010144.JPG
    P1010144.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 247
  • P1010147.JPG
    P1010147.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 239
  • P1010106.JPG
    P1010106.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 229

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
The estimate for restoration in ca was 50k not including parts or paint, also had to take out of state to paint.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Put in on eBay, it will probably bring $30K ;)
That would be awesome. My expectations are around 15k or so.

I also have the vent cover for the dash.

Ill be home this weekend and take some more pics. let me know what else you guys think i should photo.

Paul

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
At least im not alone!
If I cant come up with another 40k in the next 30 days....i have to sell it.

Paul

Last edited:

BobG

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, my wife says "finish your Volvo first" and we have 2 kids under 2...I just start getting worried when the shelves aren't full of parts for cars I'm going to get to in 3-5 years :D

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, my wife says "finish your Volvo first" and we have 2 kids under 2...I just start getting worried when the shelves aren't full of parts for cars I'm going to get to in 3-5 years :D
My daughters 2 and wife wants another one which means bigger house and yard.
I like those volvos. I had a 1985 300td mercedes mint before it was totaled. This was going to replace it as my fun car. Parts Parts Everywhere. LOL

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Looking at your best interest, I would put it on eBay with a reserve of 15k and starting bid of 5k and see where it takes you. I also believe that you may be surprised given some recent sales.
I appreciate your reassurance. I was thinking about that. Who knows how high it could go...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The scariest photo is the passenger fender and strut mount, it will take lots of metal replacement to fix, including the parts you can't see. And that fender has been off before from the looks of all the welds along the seam.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Any idea how many of the original 579 LHD 1974 CSI D-Jet matching are left? I know many were parted out and crashed.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
The scariest photo is the passenger fender and strut mount, it will take lots of metal replacement to fix, including the parts you can't see. And that fender has been off before from the looks of all the welds along the seam.

The guy who owned it before me tried to repair that shock tower. It started to rust and he put in storage in 1993-94 ish. Been there since. Miklos said oem repair full off frame for 15k plus parts costs. I agree it is the scariest part. Has to be done perfect to line up. I have the manual photos.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I bought a clean csi front rt wing...to dissect and see what was happening in there. There are several parts..but about $1200 +- from W&N for the front right wing and skin.

Attachments

• P1010116.JPG
    P1010116.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 237
  • P1010117.JPG
    P1010117.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 232

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hmm.... No sunroof? 1974? This could be a nice little project to turn into a Turkis CSi....

Lot of work though...

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a clean csi front rt wing...to dissect and see what was happening in there. There are several parts..but about $1200 +- from W&N for the front right wing and skin.

Your offering keeps getting more interesting. You can’t get a clean estimate from the group if you keep trickling little bits of information in though. Used front fenders in good condition go for $700, and inners are as much or more. You have major structural issues with the right-front area, but you don’t mention the fact that you have an entire spare passenger side front clip until the end of page 2. The fact that you have already sourced these parts is huge. Please take no offense - but lay out what you have up front!

Also - What assembly state is the car in? The photos show various states of disassembly. I would put the doors back on, seats and airbox, back in, bumper on,etc. Cars that look like cars sell better than a turkey carcass with bins. If it looks like a car, buyers will focus on what could be. If it is a carcass with bins, people focus on the flaws of the carcass and the storage space that the bins will require.

From a value perspective, I wouldn’t spend time trying to inform people what it will cost to restore or do metal work. That figure is completely subjective and highly contingent on locale. Focus entirely on what you are presenting.

Also - as someone with a very high maintenance e9-time-stealing yard, proximity to a park is where it’s at! :D